User Avatar Image

Just dl'd Secret of MI and it's in Italian!And I don

posted by cactusval on - last edited - Viewed by 577 users
And I don't speak Italian :) What do I do?
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Learn Italian! Playing through it is the perfect opportunity!

Where did you get it and can't you change the language in settings of some sort?
  • The following advice may destroy your computer, your family, and everything else you know and love. Nevertheless, try doing this:
    Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\LucasArts\The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
    Right click settings.ini
    Open it with notepad
    Change the language value to 0
  • I am pretty sure the OP is stupid and downloaded a pirated version.

I don't know how smart it was to make a game where the player's character wants to be a pirate.
  • Quite possibly, yeah. The Special Edition has all the different languages on it, and can only be changed by doing the above instructions.

If OP bought the original monkey island, then...well... you have an Italian version. It cannot be changed. Different versions were brought out in different places and you have, for some reason, the version with Italian text.
  • doodinthemood;335063 said:
    The following advice may destroy your computer, your family, and everything else you know and love. Nevertheless, try doing this:
    Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\LucasArts\The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
    Right click settings.ini
    Open it with notepad
    Change the language value to 0
    Um, should the game even be in that location? Mine is in K:\Steam\steamapps\common\the secret of monkey island special edition (yeah, K is my external HDD).
  • OzzieMonkey;335093 said:
    Um, should the game even be in that location? Mine is in K:\Steam\steamapps\common\the secret of monkey island special edition (yeah, K is my external HDD).
    The directory mentioned above is a directory that stores configuration & preferences for some apps in Windows, some games also store savegames there.
  • You downloaded what and from where?
  • Avistew;335060 said:
    Learn Italian! Playing through it is the perfect opportunity!
    haha I see it! "Learn Italian with MONKEY ISLAND!"

He probably downloaded a pirated version.
  • The CD version of SMI had 5 languages on it as well. I'm not sure what to do about it. My CD version has a launcher that asks which language you want to play in and then launches the appropriate version.
Add Comment