35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Penguin was a disgusting character, and Jack Nicholson is a great Joker.

Though the songs by Prince annoy me, I still vote Batman.
  • Batman. I never liked Batman Returns. It was just a terrible superhero movie in retrospect, and the only reason I liked it was for Keaton and Walken.
  • Secret Fawful;336946 said:
    It was just a terrible superhero movie in retrospect
    I wouldn't say Batman Returns was terrible. I would qualify Tommy-Lee Jones' Two-Face character from Batman Forever and the entire Batman & Robin movie as terrible.
  • Secret Fawful;336946 said:
    Batman. I never liked Batman Returns. It was just a terrible superhero movie in retrospect, and the only reason I liked it was for Keaton and Walken.
    I'll pretend I didn't read the first bit.

The second bit, you don't like Michelle Phifer as catwoman??

??
  • Batman. By far. Returns is all right which makes it still far better than & Robin and Forever.
  • Batman. I enjoyed Returns quite a bit, but the first one is just a little bit better. I personally think Tim Burton is best when he doesn't have free reign to do whatever he wants and Returns was just over the top in his style. Way too bizarre. Batman, on the other hand, had just the right amount of eerie-ness and was a great balance of all atmospheres overall. It's just perfect.

The scores from both movies were excellent, though. The main theme is the greatest main theme to ever be composed.
  • I absolutely adore the visual atmosphere of Returns, but Jack's Joker singlehandedly makes the first my favorite.
  • ^^I love the visuals of both movies too, it's why I became a Tim Burton fan. I even love(d) Edward Scissor Hands. Though, I'm now very sick of Jonny Depp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuOXSOSFRY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtSpNyy_8VQ&feature=related

I honestly can't decide between the two movies, but I gotta stand up for cat-woman. One of my favorite movie characters.
  • I preffer Returns. The penguin just had a better backstory.
  • I didn't like Michelle as Catwoman no. I prefer the Catwoman in the comics; the one who doesn't have some asinine supernatural flesh eating cat magic bring her back to life. And as a comedy, I liked Batman Forever. Not as a good superhero movie, no, but as a bit of campy fun I liked it well enough. Batman Returns was just uncomfortable and awkward to watch no matter how I look at it.
Add Comment