User Avatar Image

No font output on Mac

posted by -Hammerhead- on - last edited - Viewed by 901 users
Hi Guys,
I loaded today Puzzle Agent for the Mac and I got a lot of problems.
In the game are NO menus, NO dialogs and NO fonts. So it's completely unplayable.
Then I loaded PA for the PC and everything worked.
So ... does anyone else have the same problem, or maybe a solution?

Sincerely,
Hammerhead

P.S:
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

Edit:
I'm using a MacBook Pro 5.5 with OS X 10.6.4
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same here: no text, no speech. Same hardware and Mac OS X combination –*also running in a non-English language.
  • Running fine for me. I am running on 10.6.3 though. Don't want to update now incase I screw up the game!
  • Some problems here: 10.6.4
  • Hi,

I can start Puzzle Agent, but I don't see any text (in main menu and all over). I can click blind on empty buttons only... :confused:

My system:

MacBook Pro
    Mac OS X 10.6.4
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Whats wrong?
  • Did you try removing the application and reinstalling it? I have the same system config, and it's working just fine.
  • Hey everyone, we've figured this out. This ONLY affects people playing the game on a non-English Mac. We are working on a patch and will likely have it up today or tomorrow, but in the meantime you can play the game by changing your system language to English. Sorry guys!
  • thats weak. how about beta testing it with european users too? if you want to, i can be a german beta tester :-)
  • Will;338228 said:
    Hey everyone, we've figured this out. This ONLY affects people playing the game on a non-English Mac. We are working on a patch and will likely have it up today or tomorrow, but in the meantime you can play the game by changing your system language to English. Sorry guys!
    How do you do that?

edit. nevermind, changed it to English
  • Well, now it works (after setting english as systemlanguage).
    Now I have only two more questions ...
    1st: Where do I report bugs? I got one which I could reproduce everytime.
    2nd: Where does Telltale save the Savegamefiles on the Mac? (In general and in the case of Puzzle Agent, if it differs)

Sincerely,
    Hammerhead
Add Comment