User Avatar Image

Problem with 3rd puzzle? *spoilers* (gnomes on shelves & room number spoilers inside)

posted by Psiboy on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users
In the Gnegative Gnomes puzzle, both the top left and top right gnomes are identical yet one of the is the right answer and the other is not. I chose the top left one because when you flip it the inner thumb would not be visible, however its twin is the right answer for some reason. Maybe i'm mistaken about something.
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How about the Room Number ? I am so totally baffled
  • Allahcalypse;337831 said:
    How about the Room Number ? I am so totally baffled
    *nod* that ones got me confused also. I even burned all the hints and can't make any sense out of it...I've been staring at my phone keypad for 10 minutes now :(
  • solution: "NINE"

how do you make spoiler tags?
  • I understand now. I made an untrue assumption that the figures were randomly mirrored because they were moved in between the time the picture was taken and when you arrive there. In real 3D space this of course does not make sense, but I was taking into account that the Gnomes are 2D renders in the game and not actually 3D. Basically I terribly over-thought a simple issue.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    jtoast;337894 said:
    *nod* that ones got me confused also. I even burned all the hints and can't make any sense out of it...I've been staring at my phone keypad for 10 minutes now :(
    Tilt your head sideways, and think about spelling out a number instead of the number itself.

I know the answer's already in this thread but hey.

Also, that is a weird puzzle.
  • And here I thought it was sideways Roman Numerals and was trying to figure out what XIXE would be.
  • Avel;337991 said:
    And here I thought it was sideways Roman Numerals and was trying to figure out what XIXE would be.
    You're not the only one...
  • I thought it was in binary, and that the parallel lines at the bottom were an = sign; until I read the second hint
  • Jake;337926 said:
    Tilt your head sideways, and think about spelling out a number instead of the number itself.

I know the answer's already in this thread but hey.

Also, that is a weird puzzle.
    I wrote the lines in a paper and I tried to actually figure out the numbers in, well, numerals. Suddely, I decided to turn the notebook, and I read it.

Then I felt silly, but I solved this one ^^!
Add Comment