User Avatar Image

Alternate Solution to "Hot Hawks" Puzzle

posted by Koomazaz on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users
Hey guys,

I think the "Hot Hawks" puzzle should have at least one additional solution.

*SPOILERS*

This is the birds puzzle which has more gnomes than total bird-power, and you are supposed to leave out one of the birds. Rather than leave out a bird, I chose to have some of the birds carry less than their maximum weight. There is no rule saying that each bird must carry its maximum weight, and I feel that my solution is equally valid. In fact, having a bird carry no gnomes means that it is carrying infinitely less than its max weight.

*END SPOILERS*

Here is a link to my solution (http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3348/hothawks.png), which I believe should be added as a possible answer to the puzzle.

What do you guys think?

Koomazaz
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Didn't it say "Each bird is at maximum capacity"?
  • User Avatar Image
    Zak
    NotFury;338622 said:
    Didn't it say "Each bird is at maximum capacity"?
    Only on the first bird puzzle. This is the third (?) variation of that puzzle, which is optional.
  • I did this solution too, I don't understand why the game does not accept it.
  • Ditto, it was kind of disappointing :(
  • Well, wouldn't you assume it work under the same rules as it's predecessors? I don't believe this is a valid answer.

Although... in this puzzle you have to leave out one of the birds... that's not really "Each bird is at maximum capacity" is it...
  • elzbenz;338724 said:
    Well, wouldn't you assume it work under the same rules as it's predecessors? I don't believe this is a valid answer.

Although... in this puzzle you have to leave out one of the birds... that's not really "Each bird is at maximum capacity" is it...
    My guess is that they dropped that rule because of the fact that you have to leave out a bird, but may not have thought of the case when all birds are used but not at full capacity.

I dunno. It would be nice to see this fixed in a future version.
  • browen;338645 said:
    I did this solution too, I don't understand why the game does not accept it.
    Same. I like how that little bird does nothing though.
    I'd also done another one that wasn't accepted.
  • I agree. I submitted a couple of answers like that before finally resorting to a hint and was very annoyed when I found out why my solutions were being rejected.
  • Yeah, this one bugged me too. I submitted loads of answers before, like Jota, resorting to the hints and becoming frustrated that my correct solutions weren't being accepted due a missing explanation.
Add Comment