User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 11K users
I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.
276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • isolated1;339776 said:
    Same issue on my gtx 480. No offense, but why didn't you test the game on a 480?
    Because they can't test all their games on all possible computer configurations. There's just too many possibilities.
  • No news on this issue yet? :(
  • It's surprising the 480 is the cause, if true. I have had a newer GPU break a game like... well... never? Ever? In 20 years of PC gaming.

Drivers yes, the actual GPU no.
  • StingingVelvet;340248 said:
    It's surprising the 480 is the cause, if true. I have had a newer GPU break a game like... well... never? Ever? In 20 years of PC gaming.

Drivers yes, the actual GPU no.
    It's highly doubtful that the GPU itself is to blame - it's much more likely that there's simply a bug in the driver which is only triggered on specific cards (in this case, the 4xx series).
  • I also have this problem with a GTX 470 on Windows 7 64-bit.
  • I have the same problem (linux, GTX275). The logs are visible as you drag them around, but are otherwise invisible.
  • same exact problem, running on a mac book pro, through parallels with a nvidia 330m gt.
  • holyjewsus;341213 said:
    same exact problem, running on a mac book pro, through parallels with a nvidia 330m gt.
    Why are you using the Windows version? :) Does the Mac version have the same problem?

and come on Telltale, we want to play the game :(
  • Just an update, these cards were backordered, but ours should be arriving mid-week. Not sure how long it will take to fix from there. These problems tend to be a bit... persnickety
  • It looks like a possible Z-order issue; I can see the paperclip and a little attachment which is apparently supposed to contain the logs, which appears to be under the map, but I'm guessing that's supposed to be *over* it, instead of under. I'm seeing this with Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and Wine 1.2-rc6 on two different machines, one with nVidia ION graphics and the 256.35 nVidia drivers, and the other with an nVidia GeForce 8600GT and the 195.36.24 nVidia drivers. (I wouldn't mention it, but since it appears to be a common problem with Windows users as well, thought it might give a clue.)
This discussion has been closed.