User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 4 - "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls"

posted by ttg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 10.1K users
Hideli-hodeli, Sam & Max-arinos!

Mike Stemmle here, writer and co-designer on Episode 304 of Sam & Max, a.k.a. "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls."

As this penultimate episode in our senses-shattering series careens its way through the approval process, getting ever nearer to your grubby little hands, mice, and joysticks, now seems like a good time to open up the thread for "insider" questions of various sorts.

Allow me to prime the pump with some tantalizing tidbits of info:

- The identity of this episode's villain is a big mystery.
- A character who hasn't been seen this season will return.
- Horrible things will be done to the Delorean. I mean the DeSoto. Dang, that's gonna cause problems, isn't it?
- Mr. Norrington will reveal himself.
- Stinky's "Mr. S" will make himself known.
- Grandpa Stinky will experience a great deal of joy.
- This episode features an exceptionally lame gag that I've been waiting nearly two freaking decades to make.

Oh, and we get to read everyone's mind.
Mike "Roger Ebert Rocks" Stemmle
332 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • tbm1986;342614 said:
    We saw in a cinematic his name on the wall of his cubicle but not the man himself. Nor could we walk round there to piss him off.
    I DEFINITELY saw the man himself in a cutscene. I think it was when Satan was complaining to the others about low efficiency.
  • tabstis;342617 said:
    I DEFINITELY saw the man himself in a cutscene. I think it was when Satan was complaining to the others about low efficiency.
    No...don't make me do it...bah! I'm going to have to play 205 again now...
  • tbm1986;342621 said:
    No...don't make me do it...bah! I'm going to have to play 205 again now...
    I'm planning to play through every previous Sam and Max while waiting for the final episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tg99N-MWd0&feature=related

No need to play through it. This video at 4:36 in the background.
  • tabstis;342626 said:
    I'm planning to play through every previous Sam and Max while waiting for the final episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tg99N-MWd0&feature=related

No need to play through it. This video at 4:36 in the background.
    Cheers, man. How did I not notice that in the 10 or so times I've played through that episode?
  • I have a prediction: After (insert villain here) finds out how much Sam missed Max, he/she creates a whole bunch of Sams to follow Max anywhere, so that said vilain can find Max by following all the Sams, and get the Toys.
  • in the scant minutes since they wrested the toybox away from Sammun-Mak?

That's awfully fast work.

I'm really stumped as to where the dogs are coming from. if I had to venture a theory, and even I don't think this is particularly likely, i'd say that something either Sam or Sammeth did allowed someone like say Jergen to create an army of minions from their genetics, to get revenge (Jergen would have good reason to hate them both). It's certainly possible Jergen could return from hell, and he's the best suspect for monster making.
  • I stick by my earlier theory - those clones are wearing loincloths as were worn in ancient egypt. They are somehow tied in to Anubis or Charlie Hotep (who was sitting in the tomb for centuries)
  • BoneFreak;342830 said:
    I have a prediction: After (insert villain here) finds out how much Sam missed Max, he/she creates a whole bunch of Sams to follow Max anywhere, so that said vilain can find Max by following all the Sams, and get the Toys.
    Would make more sense to make the Sams take Max right to him.
  • NeatNit;343168 said:
    Would make more sense to make the Sams take Max right to him.
    But still, my original thought still involves the enemy getting the toys using the Sams.
Add Comment