User Avatar Image

What is the DeLorean of 2010?

posted by Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users
Greetings Programs!

I just wanted to start a little discussion that, mind you, has no bearing or official connection to the BttF game whatsoever. I'm not being cheeky - this really just is random banter and discussion.

Way back, someone in the office joked, "The DeLorean is asking too much money, so we're going to get likeness rights from Universal and hire a sound-a-like."

But it got me thinking-- The DeLorean paid off on so many gags in the BttF series...
  • It was a well known, yet hard to get, American exotic car... why not build a time machine with style!
  • It was known for having serious performance compromises making the 88mph part a bit of a in-joke gag.
  • It's heavy as all get out-- yet it eventually can fly.
  • It looks like the alien spaceship on the farmer kid's comic book.
So, I'm wondering, if BttF were made today, what cars would have been good candidates for a 2010 time machine?

Personally, DeLorean is the be all end all, and it still works as a goofy car to build a time machine out of. It's almost as if DMC made the car specifically for this movie. It's even fun to say with an incredulous inflection: "Wait a minute, Doc... are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean??"

I think maybe I could see a Hummer working-- it's gag worthy.
115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Would still use the Delorean, its simply such a cool, stylish and overall AWESOME car. i looks so futuristic.

If not that them TransAM from Knight Rider.

Nuff said i believe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2S7J_JBWds&feature=channel
  • User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    irishmile;347675 said:
    as soon as i saw this thread i started photoshopping seems like sinaz20 and i think alike.

win!
  • I don't think we need anything but another DeLorean. DMC is operating under new management and is still building new cars and refurbishing old ones using the original leftover stock from when the old DMC went under. I think new ones are running about $35k, unless they raised the price in the past couple years.
  • Sinaz20;347716 said:
    win!
    Someone needs to leak that on twitter as concept art from the game :p - Telltale, wanting to reduce its carbon footprint has decided to swap out the deLorean in its BTTF games for something a little more environmentally friendly...

Then watch all hell break loose.
  • Shauntron;347685 said:
    To me the thing that stood out about the DeLorean when I watched BttF as a kid was that it both looked and SOUNDED mean during action scenes (thanks to them dubbing a 302 V8 over the wimpy stock V6 for the film), and at the time I had no idea what the cultural significance of the car was.
    It also didn't hurt that they slapped a Porsche engine in the thing for Part II after blowing multiple engines in the first movie.
  • User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff
    I'm thinking the Tesla. Sleek, exotic, expensive, American, and probably has some performance issues since its a BEV. Plus it fits with the whole green zeitgeist of the modern day.
  • Plus it has Nikola Tesla's last name.
  • HoboStew;347863 said:
    I'm thinking the Tesla. Sleek, exotic, expensive, American, and probably has some performance issues since its a BEV. Plus it fits with the whole green zeitgeist of the modern day.
    American? What does that have to do with anything? The DMC-12 was made in Northern Ireland. And of course the Tesla Roadster has performance issues; it was designed by a bunch of internet tycoons, not automotive engineers.
  • I think a gray Toyota with a laser in the front would work.

Photoshop?
  • User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    xbskid;347889 said:
    American? What does that have to do with anything? The DMC-12 was made in Northern Ireland. And of course the Tesla Roadster has performance issues; it was designed by a bunch of internet tycoons, not automotive engineers.
    Manufactured in Northern Ireland for the cheap labor by a Michigan based company.

It's an American car, just like a Toyota is still a Japanese car, even if it was manufactured in the Ontario plant.

Am I mistaken?
Add Comment