User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 4 - "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls"

posted by ttg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 10.1K users
Hideli-hodeli, Sam & Max-arinos!

Mike Stemmle here, writer and co-designer on Episode 304 of Sam & Max, a.k.a. "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls."

As this penultimate episode in our senses-shattering series careens its way through the approval process, getting ever nearer to your grubby little hands, mice, and joysticks, now seems like a good time to open up the thread for "insider" questions of various sorts.

Allow me to prime the pump with some tantalizing tidbits of info:

- The identity of this episode's villain is a big mystery.
- A character who hasn't been seen this season will return.
- Horrible things will be done to the Delorean. I mean the DeSoto. Dang, that's gonna cause problems, isn't it?
- Mr. Norrington will reveal himself.
- Stinky's "Mr. S" will make himself known.
- Grandpa Stinky will experience a great deal of joy.
- This episode features an exceptionally lame gag that I've been waiting nearly two freaking decades to make.

Oh, and we get to read everyone's mind.
Mike "Roger Ebert Rocks" Stemmle
332 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ttg_Stemmle;349843 said:
    While you're all sitting on pins and needles (btw, STOP DOING THAT - you could get an infection or something), here's a last piece of teaser art...
    Yes! I've been waiting for this since that episode from the cartoon!

Actually no, I haven't. But it amuses me nonetheless.

But wait, what's this?
    ttg_Stemmle;349844 said:
    I meant to put THIS one up... it's a wee bit spoilericious, so keep it under your hats for the next 24 hours, m'kay?
    o_o
    MarkoH01;349845 said:
    :eek:

... Aaagghdammit. It's not enough there's an off chance the .jpg's name is meant to be misleading. This is gonna bug the living hell out of me for the next 24-ish hours. In a good way, mind. But still. *shoos away the possible implications assailing her since she's still at work and has to get something done*

On a less hyperbolic, ensnared-by-the-hype-machine note: let's not forget about Sam & Max vs. The Uglions, if'n we're fixing on mentioning at least one other parody . :O)
  • I think the arm belongs to the same person as the one in the previous piece of concept art
  • I wonder why the flame is purple?
  • THE GEEK MADE THE SAM CLONES D: D: D:

...That's not it? Fine, I'll take my capslock elsewhere.
  • The Highway;350115 said:
    I wonder why the flame is purple?
    Voodoo Lady cameo appearance? Or demonic Statue Toy?

The awful truth is gold btw.
  • Why The Geek? Why do so many people think Telltale would bring back such a fail of a character?
  • The Highway;350118 said:
    Why The Geek? Why do so many people think Telltale would bring back such a fail of a character?
    Cause people actually like that annoying little crap. I personally think she should have been shot in "The Final Episode", but unfortunately it was a children's show.
  • Why do you think I used the D: emoticon?

Actually, I don't particularly like or dislike the Geek, she just said the same thing as the image filename.
Add Comment