User Avatar Image

Statue of Liberty = Laverne?

posted by Amaterasu on - last edited - Viewed by 617 users
well, I guess everyone tried making Lady Liberty talk.
I can swear that her "Yoohoo!" was the voice of Laverne from DOTT!!!
Laverne: "Yoohoo, Mr. Tentacle-guy?"
Anyone remembers?
Anyway, with all of these tentacles during the season, the Purple-Tentacle-With-Horn from the museum, and even the Purple Tentacle in the MI2SE costume shop,

I think we can clearly guess that TT are going... back... TO THE MANSION!!!
13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Amaterasu;351644 said:
    we can clearly guess
    Can't we do that anyway?
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    ... you guys are crazy.

Since when is someone saying "yoo hoo!" in a cloth-waving fashion by default a Day of the Tentacle reference?
  • Is "you guys are crazy" implying that Telltale is not only working on one, but two seasons of "Day of the Tentacle"?? Sounds pretty much like it...
  • Oh! That Laverne, I thought this guy was trying to say that Laverne from that 70s show talked to a giant tentacle beast while wearing a robe and some purple thing!
  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    I think we've dropped enough embarrassingly redundant DOTT jokes into this season without adding Laverne to the mix, thank you very much...

Mike "Joe, Chuck, and I think Way Too Much Alike at Times" Stemmle
  • Sometimes I'm baffled as to why people ENJOY these games, when they consider the same trope used twice a reference the second time. It makes me wonder if anyone knows why something is funny the first time through.
  • Rather Dashing;351994 said:
    Sometimes I'm baffled as to why people ENJOY these games, when they consider the same trope used twice a reference the second time. It makes me wonder if anyone knows why something is funny the first time through.
    Sometimes I'm baffled why you're even here if you DON'T enjoy these games. They're pure gold.
  • splash1;352002 said:
    Sometimes I'm baffled why you're even here if you DON'T enjoy these games. They're pure gold.
    He didn't say that he doesn't enjoy them. He said that he doesn't understand why people who apparently don't get the jokes used in the games enjoy them.
  • ttg_Stemmle;351986 said:
    I think we've dropped enough embarrassingly redundant DOTT jokes into this season without adding Laverne to the mix, thank you very much...

Mike "Joe, Chuck, and I think Way Too Much Alike at Times" Stemmle
    Really? Because I only spotted the one joke that's in 304 about the green tentacles being the friendly ones.
  • (It's not like the exact same one is in 303...) :rolleyes:
Add Comment