User Avatar Image

Public Telltale Tool for DIY Adventure games!?

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 15.8K users
Joystiq

Modding? They need to ensure that licensed properties are treated the way their owners want. For example, they can't allow Phone Bone to do things Jeff Smith wouldn't want. They do plan to create a community focused tool to create your own adventure games.

:eek:

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would pay good money for that tool.
66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • natlinxz;247734 said:
    I sure hope that the engine isn't too user friendly, or we'll get a bunch of stupid games made by nine-year-olds that don't make sense. (the youtube of adventure games?)
    For what I've learned about WME it's a bit more complicated than AGS.
  • Necroing this old thread because its something I'm personally still wishing for after all these years.
  • I saw this mentioned a while back and thought it would be really really cool (which is everyone's first thought) but then realised it would probably take lots and lots of work to get a personalised game that isn't as good as a professional one. The fantasy is to spend maybe a week on something and have a game that you made and is cool, but in reality, it takes a whole team of people a month to make one episode, so how long would it take 1 guy? (or a handful, if you're the sort with friends).
  • Still.... GIMME GIMME GIMME! I'm sure with enough dedication people can make something worth playing.
  • Spadge;352934 said:
    Still.... GIMME GIMME GIMME! I'm sure with enough dedication people can make something worth playing.
    Why does it have to be the Telltale Tool? It's a 3D engine (Telltale's own) used together with a scripting language (LUA) to create games.

Why not just grab the Unreal Development Kit and make an adventure in it? It's a 3D engine (Unreal Engine 3. converging on 4) used together with a scripting language (UnrealScript) to create games.

Oh, and it's free for non-commercial use and available RIGHT NOW. I'm pretty sure Telltale won't release the Telltale Tool like the UDK any time soon as they just can't provide the same sort of support (for developers) that Epic can...

np: ISAN - Merman Sound (Glow In The Dark Safari Set)
  • You know, one day somebody is going to take the Telltale Tool and create an awesome strategy game out of it.

Don't say that's impossible.
  • Source SDK, anyone?

(or a game of Boggle?)
  • I would love to terrorize the world with the same errors and glitches which drove me crazy, only at the northpole of course. :O)
  • Please TellTale! Sell a public version of it! Share the awesome tool you have, just like Pixar did with Renderman!
  • I can't wait for the avalanche of mediocre half finished bug riddled titles to flood the internets and destroy adventure gaming forever !!!

:D
Add Comment