User Avatar Image

(american mcgee's) alice:madness returns

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
anyone else psyched for alice: madness returns?? the first game (american mcgee's alice) was one of my favorites because of the incredibly deep psychological storyline and the amazing imagery...

incase you havn't heard EA held a showcase for 6 new games and american mcgee officially announed Alice: madness returns, showed sme screenshots, and showed a short teaser

(warning: teaser might be disturbing for some people) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhBRSfCkDxY

all i can say is WOO-HOO
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "Disturbing for some people"? What kind of pansies are you referring to?
  • Didn't play the first one.. don't plan on playing this one either.
  • Is Alice poor mans Tim Burton stuff for adults, or is it actually good?
  • it's REALLY good... the original game was about alices adventures in a warped nightmarish wonderland after her parents die in a fire and she is found in a catatonic state... the game was originally packaged with a doctors casebook that detailed her recovery in real life in comparison to what was going on in the game. throughout the game the various bosses and enemies represent mental hurdles and such and everytime she overcomes a challange it is paralled by her recovery in the casebook...

the reason i love this game sooo much is not because of how violent or disturbing it got (tim burton has nothing on american mcgee) but that you could get as much or as little of the incredible storyline you wanted depending on how willing you were to delve into the casebook
  • It's what Tim Burton's Alice should have been.
  • Secret Fawful;353429 said:
    It's what Tim Burton's Alice should have been.
    in a perfect world tim burton's alice would have never been made and the movie version of american mcgee's alice would have been released instead of being cancelled
  • The only Tim Burton film I can abide is Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I know i'm in the minority, but between his samey directing, Elfman's music and bloody Johnny Depp i'd rather run my razor over my tounge than sit through one of his flicks.

Except Pee Wee of course. HAA HAA!
  • JedExodus;353473 said:
    The only Tim Burton film I can abide is Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I know i'm in the minority, but between his samey directing, Elfman's music and bloody Johnny Depp i'd rather run my razor over my tounge than sit through one of his flicks.

Except Pee Wee of course. HAA HAA!
    Have you ever seen Ed Wood or Big Fish? Those films are a little less stereotypically Tim Burton-y, but they're some of his better films, I think.

Aaaanyway, yeah. Having never played Alice myself, I can't really comment all that much, I guess, but it always looked like one of the better attempts at grimdarking a children's story to me. Hopefully with this sequel, the first one will get re-released too on Steam or something so I can give it a shot.
Add Comment