User Avatar Image

Is it safe to drink from my TOMI Drinking Vessel?

posted by figmentPez on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
The description in the store for the Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel says "perfect for all beverages, pirate or otherwise." but on the bottom of my mug is a sticker that says "State of California, Prop 65, This product may contain one or more substances or chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm."

I'm a guy, so I'm not likely to be pregnant anytime soon, but I am curious why the mug carries the warning label.
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Risk of drinking from this mug is no greater than the risk of drinking from any other ceramic mug.
  • Do it...do it.
  • The content of the drinking vessel is probably more likely to harm you than the vessel itself. Depending on the content of course.
  • Asbestos tea is ok right?
  • bonnie;335789 said:
    Risk of drinking from this mug is no greater than the risk of drinking from any other ceramic mug.
    Thanks! :)
  • bonnie;335789 said:
    Risk of drinking from this mug is no greater than the risk of drinking from any other ceramic mug.
    Perfect! Thanks! :D

Tonight I think I'll have my coffee in my new mug! :)

NOTE: I think laws like this really end up harming the consumer.

They make it harder to distinguish between the companies who go to every effort to make sure their products are safe and the companies who do it cheap with no regard for how many child-killing chemicals make their way into the product.
  • The Brown Dragon;336561 said:
    NOTE: I think laws like this really end up harming the consumer.
    I think it's worse for the manufacturer when he no longer will sell his products because custumers are confused by those stickers.
  • der_ketzer;336657 said:
    I think it's worse for the manufacturer when he no longer will sell his products because custumers are confused by those stickers.
    Agreed! Good point. :)
    Did anyone try to drink Grog xD from the mug? It would have been very authentic! :D I'm just curious what happens to the mug after that (if the person will still be able to write something :p )
  • It's not Grog xD, it's Grog XD, and someone will drink it in this mug eventually... :)
This discussion has been closed.