User Avatar Image

The legendary Back to the Future FanArt

posted by Vainamoinen Moderator on - last edited - Viewed by 28.7K users
Let's start this as early as possible. :D
Get your pencils and graphic tablets out!

My first contribution:

A larger version can be found on my DeviantArt account.

I'm done for now, who's next?
362 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Finally! Some fan art from somebody else!

I noticed this in the Sam&Max forums. But of course, it must have a place here. I was tempted to draw Christopher Lloyd with a Sam hat, but I've done enough blasphemy in that direction. ;)

I still find 2010 very optimistic - and winter 2010 is even over! :D

Keep it up!
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Just a scribble to "keep 'em coming"! More not-so-soonish! ;)

Bigger version...
  • I didn't know there was a thread just for this. Thx for informing Vainamoinen. Your posts looks awesome. And I hope more people will contribute. So here is a small contribution from me. Hope you guys like it :)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I've been nagging the mods to make this a sticky for ages, but... :D

I really like the chunkyness of your fingers and the facial expressions. As for technique, how do you color? Is there an actual grayscale stage (Martys figure) and a color layer above it?

I hope you'll post more... in the future. This particular piece is more than a year old, I figure! :D
  • I heard gray scale stage before, it is more handy for some artists. I just never use that. I have never been into coloring much actually, it comes out as I go, so I can't say I have a technique for that. I give the most importance to the style of the characters and the artwork as a whole. The rough sketch is the soul of the artwork and my favourite stage. The rest is easy.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I'm still trying to figure out how my bigger project might work out, and I'm calling out for help here.

Could someone with a BTTF DeLorean model (preferably one of the BTTF II SunStar models) please PM me? I'd need some photographs in a very defined perspective, possibly even lighting. Nothing fancy, just a reference. If some community member could actually do that, it'd be great.
  • Message sent. Hope it helps.
  • TOONA - that is pretty sweet. Looks like the duo aged maybe 5 years. COOL. :):)
  • Here's a cool one I found on DeviantArt

Sorry about the size....

I wouldn't mind it if TT went this direction with the graphics.
Add Comment