User Avatar Image

Peanut Butter Logic

posted by doodinthemood on - last edited - Viewed by 851 users
OK this got to me at the time, but I let it slide, thinking it must be an American common knowledge thing, or some sort of fact I don't know about peanut butter, but I've been wondering about it so...

Why did eating peanut butter prevent Sam from getting a lolly into his mouth?

Do people the other side of the pond have a thing where you think peanut butter shrinks your mouth, or what? Maybe peanut butter is known to do that to dogs... Maybe it just meant his mouth was full...

I get the feeling the answer will make me look like an idiot, but I'm still wanting to know :)
24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've never heard of that. I had no idea what was going on during that puzzle. Is it only common knowledge in America?
  • I figured because he was licking involuntarily so much he just kept biting his tongue whenever he tried to take a bite of the ice cream.

Yeah, it's pretty common knowledge here. No clue about anywhere else, though.
  • Shwoo;355977 said:
    I've never heard of that. I had no idea what was going on during that puzzle. Is it only common knowledge in America?
    i don't know. all i thought was "you cant eat while your eating something else", but i thought there was going to be a time limit, like 20 seconds, and then he'd eat the fudgy freeze, so i raced to complete the puzzle and then he kept going at it for 2 more minutes and i was wondering exactly why.
  • idk, I've known about this since I was a kid.
  • I just tried eating the peanut butter ball and I saw Sam's mouth was full so I just picked up the fudgecicle knowing that he wouldn't be able to eat it. There's nothing overly complicated about it.
  • Well, I'm from Germany and still that puzzle didn't confuse me at all... on the other hand, I'm incredibly smart, so that might be the real reason.

(also I tend to exaggerate)
  • @ tabstis and laserschwert, I didn't have any trouble solving the puzzle. Nobody on here will have done. The question is why did it work like that.
  • Well, I'm from the UK and have never had a dog and knew that, so I don't think being an American dog owner is the only way to know how to solve that puzzle. :p
  • doodinthemood;356106 said:
    @ tabstis and laserschwert, I didn't have any trouble solving the puzzle. Nobody on here will have done. The question is why did it work like that.
    Did the game give a hint to everyone about using objects when you picked up the peanut butter? The hints were off, so it was a bit annoying. Then of course there was no difficulty in the puzzle...
  • Yeah, I believe that is the "pop-up text" under subtitles. So we should turn that off next time too.
Add Comment