User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 81.5K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Alcoremortis;359001 said:
    Well, to be perfectly honest, I only had enough money for a book after buying the graphics card. It was sort of like that Christmas story where the wife sells her hair to buy her husband a fob watch chain and the husband sells his watch to buy her a comb.
    so thats where the futrama jokes from
  • Why are people buying books? Is there a decrease on the wave of today's media? :D
  • jeeno0142;359056 said:
    Haha! That's a funny little story! I've never heard it before.
    You sure? The Gift of the Magi is a pretty well-known(and commonly copied and parodied) short story.
  • Fealiks;359053 said:
    I haven't read that yet but I'm sure it has lots of football jokes and analogies that'll be lost on me.
    Nah, he knows he's writing for nerds :D
  • Rather Dashing;359060 said:
    You sure? The Gift of the Magi is a pretty well-known(and commonly copied and parodied) short story.
    Fairly sure. I have a good memory for things like that. Perhaps I've heard a variation, but I can't think of anything like it. Thanks for giving me its name though. Now I can go and google it and hopefully read it!

EDIT: Found a copy online and can safely say I have never heard that story before. It was a good one though!
  • BoneFreak;359059 said:
    Why are people buying books? Is there a decrease on the wave of today's media? :D
    Books aren't media?
  • Fealiks;359096 said:
    Books aren't media?
    I meant like, the media that people watch and play and figure it's more worthwhile then books.
  • BoneFreak;359097 said:
    I meant like, the media that people watch and play and figure it's more worthwhile then books.
  • jacobmang;359119 said:
    Oddly I just bought a book too. Contact, by Carl Sagan.
    Ooh, I was thinking of getting that a while ago after watching his Cosmos documentary.
    BoneFreak;359097 said:
    Well those people figured wrong :P
  • Last item I purchased?
    HEEEEEELL YEAH
Add Comment