User Avatar Image

Monkey Island 2 SE release date?

posted by TextureGlitch on - last edited - Viewed by 837 users
When's the new monkey island 2 remake available in the telltale store?
70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hassat Hunter;367122 said:
    I can get perfectly around from my government support thingie ($2400 a year. Which is like minimum wage. Which makes me believe your numbers are absolute bullshit)
    What dollars are these? (And I assume you mean 24,000?)
    When I worked full time at minimum wage (in Paris), I earned 1,000 euros a month, or 12,000 euros a year. My husband and I lived on that ok although I'm glad he earns more now.

40,000 a year for a programmer doesn't shock me. I don't know how much they do earn, but if they earn that amount I don't think it's outrageous or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they earned more.
    But really, I'm bad at estimating that kind of stuff so I don't know.
  • Hassat Hunter;367122 said:
    Holy Shit, a programmer earns $40,000 a year? I think you overestimate their sallary a bit.
    I think that amount of money would be nice (or well, any job really, unemployed and all), but I can get perfectly around from my government support thingie ($2400 a year. Which is like minimum wage. Which makes me believe your numbers are absolute bullshit), so I have no idea what I can possibly do with the multitude of fantasy money I would receive then...

Who says anything about used? That 1 euro copy of DX was brand new...
    Er... programmers are typically pretty well paid, given the amount of school and skill required to perform the job, and minimum wage in the US will still typically earn you ~$15,000 a year.

And trust me, if I could find a copy of DX for $1.27, I'd be all over it.
  • Avistew;367128 said:
    What dollars are these? (And I assume you mean 24,000?)
    When I worked full time at minimum wage (in Paris), I earned 1,000 euros a month, or 12,000 euros a year. My husband and I lived on that ok although I'm glad he earns more now.

40,000 a year for a programmer doesn't shock me. I don't know how much they do earn, but if they earn that amount I don't think it's outrageous or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they earned more.
    But really, I'm bad at estimating that kind of stuff so I don't know.
    My friend just got a job at Gear Box and is looking at about 70k+ a year.
  • On the one hand, it makes me sad that I haven't earned that much yet if you add all the wages I've ever earned ever, on the other hand I'm really, really glad I'm not doing their job.
  • Well both me and him LOVE programming.
  • Elvenmonk;367149 said:
    Well both me and him LOVE programming.
    I only love programmers.
  • And PR-guys.

I would get a bit more info on my 'salery', but my bank's internet site is down for the moment, so you guys have to wait. But it's nowhere near even 1/2 of Avistew's "minimum wage". Of course they do cut it a bit and as a result I don't have to pay rent, but I doubt rent would be $5000,- yearly.
  • I didn't pay rent, there is no way I could have in Paris (a one bedroom would typically cost 1,000 euros a month, that is, 100% of my income then) so we lived at my parents'.
    If we had been willing to share a 100 square feet studio, then the rent would have been reduced by half, as these only cost 500 euros a month. But for two adults and a cat... no way we'd live in such a tiny place.

5,000 dollars a year for rent is only 400 dollars a month. That's incredibly low, unless you're only renting a room and not a whole apartment.

I guess it all depends where you live. Many things can be double or triple from one place to the next. This being said, I'm in a super small town right now, that has very low cost of living, and my rent is still 750 dollars a month (Canadian, mind you).
    It is a two bedroom, to be fair. The one bedroom apartments here only cost 650, 100 less.
  • Avistew;367152 said:
    I only love programmers.
    S'up sexy? I do plan to apply to TellTale.
  • Also, it's worth mentioning that these income rates are before tax.
Add Comment