User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 107.6K users
For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)
2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How weird: they all look cross-eyed to me (especially Elaine) but it's the case on the models too...
  • That's awesome! More please! :D

PS: Love the "heh" expression on Elaine's face XD
  • Avistew;367253 said:
    How weird: they all look cross-eyed to me (especially Elaine) but it's the case on the models too...
    I think that's because the white of the eyes isn't even between both eyes. But that's normal, since the face is round (and the eyes don't lie on the same plane). So, as long as you don't look at a face straight on (and the eyes look directly at you) both eyes would be rotated at slightly different angles.

Or I just messed up, but I don't think so :p
  • Laserschwert, you rock. Please make more of those (for the other Tales chapters and MI games). :guybrush::winslow:
  • If there was a full set of those (and if I had the wall space for it), I'd absolutely have all five printed up and framed in a row on my wall.

And dammit, now I want a set of the Devil's Playhouse posters too. Considering that I own one poster and one wall scroll and have yet to put either of them up on my walls, there is clearly something wrong with me.
  • They don't look cross-eyed at all.
    This is cross-eyed
  • Laserschwert;367275 said:
    I think that's because the white of the eyes isn't even between both eyes. But that's normal, since the face is round (and the eyes don't lie on the same plane). So, as long as you don't look at a face straight on (and the eyes look directly at you) both eyes would be rotated at slightly different angles.
    Yeah, which I think is why Elaine was the one that looked really weird (then I looked at the others and they kinda did too). She's facing us, looking at us directly, and still you don't see the white on the right of her left eye. I wonder why that is.
  • Avistew;367444 said:
    She's facing us
    Uhm, no she's not, her head is turned to her left...
  • Laserschwert;367447 said:
    Uhm, no she's not, her head is turned to her left...
    By like a millimetre? I mean, look at her nose, and face in general, she's pretty much facing us.
    Oh well, maybe I'm seeing things. I shouldn't distract from the fact that your poster is awesome.
  • Avistew;367450 said:
    By like a millimetre? I mean, look at her nose, and face in general, she's pretty much facing us.
    Oh well, maybe I'm seeing things. I shouldn't distract from the fact that your poster is awesome.

But still, take her ears as an indication, how much her head is turned.
Add Comment