User Avatar Image

What species would you like to see?

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users
Obviously the T-Rex and Raptors need to be in it....

Despite what many say about the 3rd movie the Spinosaurus was pretty rad

Will we see any unseen in JP before? Will Jack Horner be involved to give you guys dino facts?
40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • in my opinion they shouldn't be in the game. Jurassic Park was made for dinosaurs, not early mammals. That's why they shouldn't have marine reptiles either. but i would be okay if there was a Pterosaur, since there usually always confused as a dinosaur.
  • I hope there'll be chameleon-like Carnotauruses like in the second book.
    And more spotlight for the Dilophosaurus, they need more attention.

If the team includes new species, make sure to add some fictional biological gimmicks for a few of the animals (like for the two dinos above).

It's just typical for the franchise.
  • I agree i love the chameleon Carnotaurus. That would make a really challenging part in the game, 2 carnotaurs trying to kill you but the keep hiding in the jungle and you can't see him until its to late.. that would be awesome!!
  • Electric spotlights can also exploit the Carnotauruses during the night or in complete darkness.

This could lead to interesting gameplay-sequences.

For example;

An NPC tries to shoot the Carnos while the player has to spot them with a lamp to reveal the targets to the NPC, who couldn't see them otherwise.

Or you are on a high-seat and you must guide an NPC from point A to point B, spotting the Carnotauruses on his way with a spotlight so the NPC could avoid them.

Or using a thermal-vision lens to find your own way through the jungle without running into a Carnotaurus along the way.

The possibilities are huge only with this single species.
  • Any dinosaurs are good, as long as they actually look like dinosaurs from the Jurassic Park films... and not this:

• evilrex;360035 said:
    Any dinosaurs are good, as long as they actually look like dinosaurs from the Jurassic Park films... and not this:
  • I just stumbled upon an interview with Dan Connors from e3 that I don't think anyone's posted yet. It features this interesting quote:
    For the Jurassic Park adaptation the search is on for the ‘superstar’ dinosaur, a creature that can ‘haunt’ a scene like the Raptors of the first film.
    It sounds like they're looking for a different species to replace the raptors as the main "villains" of the story. Hmm...
  • thesporkman;362388 said:
    I just stumbled upon an interview with Dan Connors from e3 that I don't think anyone's posted yet. It features this interesting quote:

It sounds like they're looking for a different species to replace the raptors as the main "villains" of the story. Hmm...
    Camo-Carnotaurus? :rolleyes::D
  • Mosasaurus should be a nice add. Love that one
  • Hayden;334251 said:
    Pteranodons, definitely. I really liked them in the third film.
    yeah.. i like Pteranodons too... i love it...
Add Comment