User Avatar Image

What is "The Inventory"?

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
Post your speculation here.

My best guess is that it is the hammerspace where inventory items, etc. are stored, and that it is described in this game as being like a universal warehouse for all games, and the characters just climb in to chillax over a game of poker.
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • tredlow;374224 said:
    Have you seen the inside of Guybrush's pants? It's practically a TARDIS. It's got a garage, a ballroom, and a jacuzzi.

However, Guybrush doesn't really need that much space in his pants.

Bwahaha!
    The image of Bender turned that from a 14 year old joke into a classic
  • Thats a pretty good theory Mr. Highway.
  • It'd actually be cool to have The Inventory as an series that comes out occasionally, between series, not monthly. Of course, since it takes place when the characters aren't 'gaming', it's probably not canon either, so it wouldn't matter much, right?

Max: I can't shoot it, Sam, I lost my gun to Tycho during poker ni-
    Sam: Sshh! Rule number one: You don't talk about The Inventory.
  • I honestly hadn't thought about the prospect that they might be considered as actual video game characters within the game (i.e., that there's no real fourth wall). Now I'm kind of excited for this...
  • tredlow;374224 said:

however, guybrush doesn't really need that much space in his pants.

*blam*
  • Fealiks;374260 said:
    I honestly hadn't thought about the prospect that they might be considered as actual video game characters within the game (i.e., that there's no real fourth wall). Now I'm kind of excited for this...
    Well although it's not the Heavy, the Scout from TF2 might have slight knowledge on being in a video game, taunting enemies by saying things like "Yeah rage-quit, I dare you!" and "This map ain't big enough for the two of us."

If they all knew though that would be both weird and cool.
  • My Theory is that the Inventory is sort of like an inter-dimensional Video game character's bar, where they go to have a break between games, or spend their nights drowning their sorrows in beer when they no longer receive work.
  • I imagine it kinda like Roger Rabbit. Starring in videogames (or webcomics or cartoons) is what these characters do for a job. This is what they do when they're not working.
  • I think it's a Toy Story-like thing.

Basically, this is what Tycho does when you're not reading his comics, what the Heavy does when you're not playing as him in TF2, what Strong Bad does when you're not playing SBCG4AP or watching his sbemails, and what Max does when you're not playing Sam and Max.
  • It seems that at least three of us have come to an agreement.
Add Comment