User Avatar Image

The World Famous Mass Effect Thread

posted by Fealiks on - last edited - Viewed by 533 users
I just started playing Mass Effect again and because I'm a massive nerd, I feel like talking about it.

So discuss anything Mass Effect related in here. Suggested topics include: the upcoming Mass Effect movie, speculation about the upcoming Mass Effect movie, Mass Effect 3 and any future books (if anyone reads them (I don't)), "I haven't played Mass Effect but want to come into this awesome thread anyway because I can sense that it's great and world famous", the plot, the characters, "What's up with Tali's face?", "who did you romance?", gay alien sex, straight alien sex, alien sex, "aliens: sex?" and anything else you can think of, including, but not limited to, alien sex.

DISCUSS!
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • *pokes head into thread*

... Shepard.

*moseys on out*
  • Mako > Hammerhead

And with slutty I mean that she drools all around Shephard while being completely proffessional in ME1 (my prefered way).

And... what meaningful choices did ME2 have? The ending, choosing a planet's impact for missile (bugged) and... giving the disks or not (yay, bugged!).
  • ShaggE;373942 said:
    *pokes head into thread*

... Shepard.

*moseys on out*
    Wrex...

Also, and spoilerific here, I'm not romancing anyone in ME2 because of my choices in ME1... although, god damn... Miranda... that's all I'll say.
  • "Hi, I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel."
  • Hassat Hunter;373492 said:

Tali's a slut.
    Hassat Hunter;374045 said:
    And with slutty I mean that she drools all around Shephard
  • Zonino;374059 said:
    Wrex...

Also, and spoilerific here, I'm not romancing anyone in ME2 because of my choices in ME1... although, god damn... Miranda... that's all I'll say.
    Same. :p
  • Miranda sucks?

Can't stand the little bitch... 0_0.
  • I got Mass Effect a while ago and I didn't really like it... I can see that it is still a good game but I like to do missions before advancing with the story and the sheer number available makes them get boring after a while... :o
  • ME2 should suit you then I guess, seeing how it only has about 15 side-quests in the entire game...
  • Hassat Hunter;374782 said:
    ME2 should suit you then I guess, seeing how it only has about 15 side-quests in the entire game...
    I did just about everything I could in the game, all the quests, all the planets explored - and my first play through of ME1 took me about 45 hours. I explored all I could in ME2 and finished in about 25. ME2 was definitely shorter on content. But I have a sneaking suspicion that they cut back on content for the final product in order to hock more DLC, which I will be buying for my second (renegade) play through of ME2.

With all of that, I enjoyed ME2 a lot more. All of the customization of weapons and armor and all that jazz in the first game really bored me. ME2 had just enough to keep me interested, and the combat and cover system was greatly improved.

For people who haven't played the first game, it's worth it. But keep an eye out as it goes on sale often on certain sites. I got it for $5 during a Direct2Drive sale. Watch around Christmas - totally worth it.
Add Comment