User Avatar Image

Q&A with Jared Emerson-Johnson, Friday!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 11.3K users
Hear ye hear ye, Jared is coming to the forums to answer some of your music and sound related questions! Pop in to hear the answers on Friday the 2nd from 10am to 11am PST (he chose this specifically so Europeans can be awake for it, what a guy!)

Let me tell you- Jared is a superhero. He sets the tone of the world with ease, he knocks out sound effects with a single blow, he makes what we do sound AMAZING. It's a fact that Telltale sometimes hires super-human automatons, and investigations as to Jared's actual humanity are pending. Some people are just too talented.

(Fun fact: he's also super-skilled at Beatles Rock Band.)

We're open for questioning, so load 'em up and keep him busy.
182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jared, you and Telltale should put some of the musical numbers on the Rockband Network. That would be so awesome. :D
  • The Highway;364423 said:
    Who's Boro?
    Middlesbrough Football Club. The town of Middlesbrough is locally known as Boro too.
  • DrRocketGenius;364434 said:
    Jared, you and Telltale should put some of the musical numbers on the Rockband Network. That would be so awesome. :D
    Jared DID do some gem mapping for Rock Band, so that could actually happen!
  • The Highway;364624 said:
    Jared DID do some gem mapping for Rock Band, so that could actually happen!
    I completely approve of this post.
  • DrRocketGenius;364642 said:
    I completely approve of this post.
    That's good
  • Probably a stupid question... but is the releasedate already been confirmed/announced?
  • Hassat Hunter;364365 said:
    Enlighten the uncultivated savages (read: me) what "You Are My Sunshine" is? (Yeah, sure, google and all, still...)
    I have some strange memory of having heard that song sung by a very young Elijah Wood, but I can't remember where...

EDIT: Oh, wait, what is Internet for? I've just found it: Forever young
  • JaredEJ;363380 said:
    That thought did occur to me awhile back, but I haven't had a free moment to look into it at all. I'd certainly be happy if any or all of those tunes showed up on the Rock Band Network at some point down the line.
    Oh cool, wasn't totally expecting a response here. If you don't have much time to look into it yourself, I would probably suggest licensing songs to an existing RBN author or charting group, and have them do all the hard work for you. ;)

I'd say send an email to Ozone Entertainment ([EMAIL="admin@theozoneradio.com"]admin@theozoneradio.com[/EMAIL]), who has been working with Ron Wasserman and Eiffel 65 (he's saving "Blue" for Rock Band 3, when Keyboards will be added) and doing other pretty cool stuff. Or perhaps submit them through RockGamer Studios, who put out those two tracks from Left 4 Dead. There are quite a few other options but I could see that getting a bit overwhelming, so I just picked out a couple who would probably be reasonably well equipped to deal with the somewhat more complicated licensing of songs which were written for video games.
  • Any chance on getting some of those MIDIs, Jared? I'd love to play some of these with my school's jazz band. :)
Add Comment