User Avatar Image

Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1 (Great Adventure Game Bundle)

posted by ouenwoof on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
I installed all the games of the bundle last night, and while the other games work fine, Penny Arcade Adventures just gives me a black screen, with a red streak wherever I drag my mouse. Any idea what this could be or how to fix it?
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same issue here. Running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit.
  • same thing here but with 32bit win7
  • Have you guys tried updating your Video Card Drivers? If that doesn't work and you're running ATI Cards on the latest drivers, you could try rolling the drivers back to a previous version.
  • I was using a previous ATI driver and that had Open GL issues
  • I have the same problem. Managed to get it work by launching Penny from it's own folder and not from Adventure Bundle launcher.
  • I have this issue too. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I shouldn't have to downgrade my video card to play the game, I'm sure there is a better fix. Is this an issue with the file itself? Thanks!

Also, running the program for the folder itself rather than the Bundle launcher led to an error saying it was already running (which it wasn't) ...mysterious...
  • Same problem here with vista 32.
    Trying to launch from game folder doesn't work.
    And when I close the black window, I additionally have to end the process in the taskmanager.
    I was so excited about this whole bundle and now there are bugs everywhere :(
    But I put my trust in Telltale that there's a fix soon.
  • I am not getting that problem I am running from the app .exe rather then using the launcher to start it.
  • mateo360;375995 said:
    I am not getting that problem I am running from the app .exe rather then using the launcher to start it.
    Worked for me, too.
  • Oh cool, that worked for me as well. Someone should probably make an FAQ thread at this point for all Adventure Game Bundle-related issues...
This discussion has been closed.