User Avatar Image

Multiplayer?

posted by leveller on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Will multiplayer be added at a later date?

I REALLY want to play against friends on my Steam friends-list!

Maybe those who would like to see multiplayer could add their names and show support for the feature?
30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I dont see why multiplayer cant be in.
  • I also would like multiplayer to be added, especially since I bought the game on Steam.
  • PetiteBiere;375032 said:
    I also would like multiplayer to be added, especially since I bought the game on Steam.
    I think that if there's going to be a multiplayer mode it should be available to both Telltale and Steam versions.
  • xbskid;375033 said:
    I think that if there's going to be a multiplayer mode it should be available to both Telltale and Steam versions.
    Of course, but it's easier to implement a multiplayer mode on Steam (I think)
  • PetiteBiere;375053 said:
    Of course, but it's easier to implement a multiplayer mode on Steam (I think)
    Not sure. I think Steam has a server list component available, but I'm not sure how it would be implemented, or if the different releases would be inter-compatible with each other (Probably will be, though).
  • The multiplayer would have nothing to do with Steam unless they use Steam servers, which they probably won't considering it's not a Valve/Source Engine game.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    i bet you can also do it with you telltale forum friends
  • seibert999;375061 said:
    i bet you can also do it with you telltale forum friends
    well yeah. you could do that in any multiplayer form so that isnt even the problem.
  • I've been trying to think about how multiplayer could work. Anyone remember being able to alter your own funds in MSN poker? So to stop cheats abusing the game there would have to be a server containing stats/cash etc. Things are getting complicated!

    But if it could happen would it interest people?
  • Multiplayer for a poker game is pretty easy tech wise, unlike truly realtime games like FPSs. For poker you need very little more than a glorified IRC system with a server that keeps track of peoples money, cards, etc.

    But, somehow I don't think TTG will be including a multiplayer mode, just doesn't seem their style.
Add Comment