User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 11K users
I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.


DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.
276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    last part of sam and max coming out ;), i'l hope after that i can play puzzle agent
  • The wait is a little long, but I really don't mind as :

    - it's a very cheap game
    - the pre-order halved the price of the other games I bought at the same time
    - the game is probably quite short : I would have finished it a long time ago, so I'm happy I haven't completed it yet :-)
    - I never had to complain about Telltales and all their games work under Linux via Wine (though an official port would be awesome, as one sometimes have to tweak to get them to work)

    I just hope they won't lose their "soul" and try to make "quick easy cash" now that they have a contract with universal and support many other mainstream gaming systems :)
  • torturedutopian;370397 said:
    - the pre-order halved the price of the other games I bought at the same time
    That's the main reason I have not asked for a refund, but still just for the sake of showing your company supports its products a game-breaking bug should be patched waaaaay before now.

    Not trying to be testy, I have been offered a refund, but it just looks bad.
  • Has there been any news yet.
    I don't want a refund as I want to support the game but I need you to support me.
    Bought on steam and won't work with GTX480.
  • It's bad enough that this game-breaking bug has now gone unfixed for two months, but today we can read that the game is now out for iPhone and iPad as well, while we're still stuck like this with no idea on when we can actually play the game.

    I realize that you have to prioritize, I can accept that you can't test on every graphics card out there, and I understand that it takes time to fix bugs like this - but we're being kept in the dark; we have no idea if we have to wait days, weeks or months before we can finally play the game. It's even more disheartening to see that you're "hoping to have something to tell [us] later this week", and then not hearing anything for two full weeks.

    I'm not going to ask for a refund now, because I want to play this game, I trust the bug will be fixed eventually, and it's been more than 60 days anyway - but if I had known it would take this long back when the bug was discovered, I would have asked for a refund then.
  • I feel the need to bump this.
    Will this get fixed?
  • Barso;375645 said:
    I feel the need to bump this.
    Will this get fixed?
    I think they will be working on the Gameboy release first.
  • Will;363147 said:
    Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. I've been off at jury duty and thought people were keeping up on this in my stead. Believe it or not this still has attention internally and I'm hoping to have something to tell you later this week. In the meantime, as I said before that you are welcome to ask for refunds and if for some reason that doesn't work, send me a PM.
    Will was supposed to let me know 3 weeks ago when my check was in the mail to get a refund for this game, and I've heard nothing. I'm tired of Telltale's bullshit, and won't be giving them my business ever again.
  • Hey guys, remember me?

    So, it looks like we have a fix. I'm going to try to get a release build today if possible, but certainly by tomorrow, at which point I'll put up a link to the download in this thread. We'd love for you guys to take a look at it before we push it out to the public at large. Thank you all so much for your patience, you guys are the best.
  • That's good news, Will. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread; hopefully this will be all sorted out real soon, so you can get more of my money. :)
This discussion has been closed.