User Avatar Image

Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1 (Great Adventure Game Bundle)

posted by ouenwoof on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
I installed all the games of the bundle last night, and while the other games work fine, Penny Arcade Adventures just gives me a black screen, with a red streak wherever I drag my mouse. Any idea what this could be or how to fix it?
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Doesn't work for me :(. Either way I just get a black window with red dots when I drag my mouse over it, then the window gets all white and I have to stop the process via the task manager.
  • I have this problem too. Launching the game directly doesn't help either.
  • So much trouble for a couple of old games? What screwed it up? All the games work if you didn't buy it in the boundle...
  • Running from the folder also fixes it for me. However, once I get to character creation I can't see the character I'm making; there's just an empty frame around where the character would be.
  • Aha. Lowering graphics quality to "standard" gets me 3d models appearing. So that at least works.
  • I also have this problem. Regardless of compatibility mode or from where I start the program I receive only a black windows with red dots streaking as I move my mouse. Has anyone found any further solutions to this problem??
  • I have the same problem.
    PAA was the first game I installed, so Idk how well the others work, but I hope there is going to be a fix eventually.
    I mean, I bought the bundle for the opportunity to get the games in the first place, so I can wait some time to play, but I really hope this and the apparent other games' issues get fixed eventually.

Win7 x64 Professional, ATI 5800 Series here.
  • Same Problem here. WinXP 32Bit, Radeon 5670 (Catalyst 10.8).
  • I have the same problem as other posters here, does anyone have a solution? I've tried all the other fixes, "run as administrator" compatibility issues, uninstalling and reinstalling....I am running Win 7 32bit, and IE 8...
    Edit to add: ATI Raedon 2600 pro video card
  • Same here
    Win 7 32bit
This discussion has been closed.