User Avatar Image

Multiplayer?

posted by leveller on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Will multiplayer be added at a later date?

I REALLY want to play against friends on my Steam friends-list!

Maybe those who would like to see multiplayer could add their names and show support for the feature?
30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    it will not be multiplayer
  • seibert999;376013 said:
    it will not be multiplayer
    Where did they say that. If you are making it up then you should delete what you said.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Gman5852;376058 said:
    Where did they say that. If you are making it up then you should delete what you said.
    it was on steam (i was on just in case i get it)
  • seibert999;376081 said:
    it was on steam (i was on just in case i get it)
    I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure that just means that it was confirmed to have a single player mode(obviously) and if telltale announces multiplayer, it will be updated. Although I could still be wrong.
  • No, Seibert is right. As of right now it's a singleplayer game, much like Telltale Texas Hold'em was. I'm not going to say it won't ever happen, but it's definitely not a simple proceedure to turn a game from single player to multiplayer. Never say never though.
  • TTG has a tight community a game like this or a pletora of sport minigames like this for fans of TTG would be cool. I know its not cool to make it multiplayer just for forum players, but still it would be a nice way for all of us to get together in a fun game.
  • If you go back and play Telltale Texas Hold' em you should be able to see the kind of game play Telltale will most-likely be attempting to recreate in the recently announced Poker Night. And if they were to add multiplayer into a game that relies on NPCs and their dialog, I think that would really kill off a lot of its charm.
  • Yeah, multiplayer would pretty much ruin everything fun and unique about the game.
  • thesporkman;378890 said:
    Yeah, multiplayer would pretty much ruin everything fun and unique about the game.
    Yeah, but playing against AI would pretty much ruin everything fun and unique about poker!

And no, if every (human) player could pick up a character, you could be able to select phrases from the characters repertiore, which again could be more fun than a AI dialog system, but we'll see…
  • thats disappointing that it wont be multiplayer. that was one of the biggest draws for me (since its on steam) i'll still be getting it tho :P
Add Comment