User Avatar Image

Help, my game keeps locking up (Homestar Ruiner Wii)

posted by TIE Defender on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
Hello, I'm new here (though I lurked for a while) and I'm having some trouble with this game. In extended play, it always, always locks up whenever I try to talk to Coach Z. Is this happening to anyone else?

This is the Wii version by the way.
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My friend and I are both having this problem...One of the most obtrusive glitches I've ever encountered, considering how simple it was to run across. Do I have to change my widescreen setting just for that conversation with Coach Z, and then change it back afterward, or must I change the setting for the rest of the game once I get to that point?
    Thanks,
    Borderking
  • The game should not crash in 4:3, but it *might* crash in widescreen. So you could switch back to widescreen if you want, but you run the risk of a random crash.
  • I too, discovered this error this morning while playing the game as it glitched and froze next to Coach Z. While there is no fix available yet, I am glad to know that the Telltale Team are looking into it. I think the support here is pretty sweet, what I've seen so far in other threads, and that responses are quick, too.

And at least there is a work-around for the error until it is fixed. Thanks, Telltale.
  • Is there a fix coming for this?

I'd like to know before I purchase. Thanks.
  • We are still looking into possible fixes. But for now leaving the game in standard mode and not widescreen bypasses the freeze for most people.
  • Tester Scott;88892 said:
    We are still looking into possible fixes. But for now leaving the game in standard mode and not widescreen bypasses the freeze for most people.
    Thanks for the response. Guess I'll just wait it out and buy both episodes once there's a patch or update confirmed.
  • So, any progress on fixing this in the last 3-4 months?
  • I'll take that as a no, then?
  • I guess it is... I still haven't bought the fifth episode because I heard it can freeze also.
This discussion has been closed.