User Avatar Image

The first episode of BTTF available for download with blu-ray release! (not exactly!)

posted by mcfly88 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users
Source: http://www.thehdroom.com/news/First-Impressions-Back-to-the-Future-Trilogy-on-Blu-ray-Arrives/7575

"If you've heard about the upcoming Back to the Future video game and are anxious to take it for a spin then you're in luck. Included in this set is a small promo sheet that includes a unique code to download - for free - the first of five episodes of Telltale Games' Back to the Future game for PC or Mac."

I'm excited! :)
74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • HOLY CARP.
    HOLY MACKEREL.
    HOLY SALMON.
    HOLY, uhh, COD?
  • WOW! That's pretty awesome! Can't wait for release!
    This blu-ray set WILL be released in the UK, right? If so, I guess the code applies there too.

Here's the link to the offer page listed in the leaflet, but it's not available from Telltale yet (Oh Crumbs page):
    http://www.backtothefuturegame.com/offer

It blows my mind to see relatively unknown "Telltale Games" listed in the leaflet of a major film franchise re-release. Seriously, this is amazing.
  • Nice!

I really want it for 360 or PS3 so I can play it on my TV tho.
  • There is one problem that I can see. With no pre-order info before, it seems like it will have an early release for Trilogy owners only.
  • Alan said there was big news scheduled for October. I wonder if this was going to be that news...
  • YES!!!! :D

What does it say on the box? I can only read "Telltale Games, the leader on episodic gaming...".
  • Trenchfoot;389827 said:
    YES!!!! :D

What does it say on the box? I can only read "Telltale Games, the leader on episodic gaming....
    ...is proud to announce the release of an all-new 5 episode adventure series set in the Back to the Future universe. Get a complimentary first episode for PC and Mac* via the link below. www.backtothefuturegame.com/offer Coupon Code: (Unreadable)."
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Hrmph. That's not the way it should have gone. The release of the first episode only 11 days away? How could that ever be? This all seems so incredibly rushed.

I'll wait for more information first.
  • This free episode of Back to the Future offer is completely separate from the availability of the game itself. The free episode offer will go into effect only once the game is available.

In response to RingmasterJ5, this does not signify an early release for trilogy owners at all. The offer is also not indicative of when the game's release date is at all.
  • Alan Johnson;389835 said:
    This free episode of Back to the Future offer is completely separate from the availability of the game itself. The free episode offer will go into effect only once the game is available.

In response to RingmasterJ5, this does not signify an early release for trilogy owners at all - the game will be available to everyone on the same date (which we have not announced yet). The offer is also not indicative of when the game's release date is at all.
    Ah, that clears it up.
Add Comment