User Avatar Image

Public Telltale Tool for DIY Adventure games!?

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 15.8K users
Joystiq

Modding? They need to ensure that licensed properties are treated the way their owners want. For example, they can't allow Phone Bone to do things Jeff Smith wouldn't want. They do plan to create a community focused tool to create your own adventure games.

:eek:

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would pay good money for that tool.
66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • jp-30;38957 said:
    Joystiq

Modding? They need to ensure that licensed properties are treated the way their owners want. For example, they can't allow Phone Bone to do things Jeff Smith wouldn't want. They do plan to create a community focused tool to create your own adventure games.

:eek:

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would pay good money for that tool.
    EDIT2: I was wrong. Telltale tool for all is on its way.
  • Kedri;38960 said:
    I heard "Plans to license tools". Maybe I was wrong? *Shrugs*

(PS, I really, really, hope it doesn't sound like I'm pompously flaunting the fact that I was at PAX. If it does, sorry!!)
    :p Nothing wrong with that, I brag my ass off when something cool happens to me :D (and I'm usually extremely modest)

As for a public TT Tool, that would be the greatest thing since AGS.
  • No kidding! If I could get a hold of it, master it and convince my friends to help.......*drool*
  • It would be an awesome tool for those folks trying to make KQIX...
  • One can only hope that the Telltale Tool is not released in the same manner as a typical Telltale game. Episodic content is great and all, but I highly doubt that many people would enjoy downloading the dialogue editor, rigging tool, sandbox editor, and scripts in monthly doses. :D
  • That would be positively awesome. Just think of all the possibilities...

Although what WOULD be a good way to integrate the episodic nature of Telltale into it would be monthly downloadable expansions, giving you the ability to use new characters, environments, objects, etc.
  • Kedri;38960 said:
    I heard "Plans to license tools". Maybe I was wrong? *Shrugs*
    Turns out, I was wrong. Jake confirmed the tool to the public.

:D
  • User Avatar Image
    Squinky Telltale Alumni
    ShaggE;38966 said:
    As for a public TT Tool, that would be the greatest thing since AGS.
    Nah. It would be the greatest thing since Wintermute. :D
  • Great! A tsunami of mediocre fan games awaits..
  • Squinky;39047 said:
    Nah. It would be the greatest thing since Wintermute. :D
    *Googles it*

:O Holy marzipan mormons mingling merrily! That looks.... so easy to use... and yet... so unrestricted....*drools*
Add Comment