User Avatar Image

Music not playing

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
It's probably happening elsewhere but I first noticed it outside of Brady Cultures home for Former Child Stars, but it doesn't appear music is working. When I go inside Brady says his lines and I can hear him speaking but I'm assuming that he's supposed to be playing music as well, and it's not playing. Any ideas?
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    You can hear the rest of the sound effects and speech?

Okay this sounds stupid but is there any chance you turned the music volume to zero in your settings accidentally? You never know...
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    You can hear the rest of the sound effects and speech?

Okay this sounds stupid but is there any chance you turned the music volume to zero in your settings accidentally? You never know...
    No, music volume is up. Even tried monkeying around with the volume to see if it reset anything.

I've also redownloaded it from gametap just in case something was missing.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    could you send a log to Gametap (start-->programs-->gametap-->gtutilitys from here hit the advance tab and hit the scan , extended scan then the send logs and post your green issues handle i will take a look at it.

Crackeyes
    GT Tech
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Issue handle is:
    Quebec-171
  • Crackeyes, were you able to find out anything about this issue?
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Kandralla-

You should try updating your sound card drivers. You have version 5.12.1.1164 dated 12/8/05. Version 5.12.1.1196 can be found here. I'm not 100% sure if this will fix the problem, but it will at least eliminate the most likely cause.
  • Kandralla, please let us know if that fixes the problem!
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Up to driver version 5.12.4.1196.

Still no music.
  • Hi Kandralla,

We're working with a reviewer who had a similar problem with the review copy (a standalone version of the game, not in GameTap). Would you be able to send us a copy of your DXDiag info? Comparing it to hers will let our tech guys figure out what your systems have in common and might help them resolve the problem.

To do this:

-Click Start
    -Go to Run
    -Type dxdiag
    -Click Save all Information

You can email the file to us at [email]support@telltalegames.com[/email].

Thanks!
  • dxdiag file sent.
This discussion has been closed.