User Avatar Image

Eversion Challenge

posted by RingmasterJ5 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
I have recently played a small freeware game called Eversion. It was an interesting journey. Now, I would like, if possible, to see other's reactions to it. If anyone wants to, please play through the game (it's only about an hour long, a bit longer if you get stuck on an obstacle/try to get all the gems) and have some way of documenting it, whether it would be notes, a Youtube video and voiceover, or a Livestream with chat. No one has to do this, but the game is quite... interesting. Two rules:

1.You must NOT know anything about the game before playing.
2.You, as previously stated, must have some way of documenting your reaction to the game as you go along.

One more thing: Don't play this game if you are Seibert.

Download Link: Official site Mediafire mirror (It's safe, trust me.)

So far:
6 people have took the Challenge(Comrade Pants, Giant Tope, jmm, Ashton, ted12, GuruGuru214).
3 have dropped out while playing(ShaggE, JedExodus, caeska).
1 person has yet to play(Alcoremortis).

Most "Effective": Comrade Pants, Ashton.

EDIT: image attached:
61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Giant Tope;389662 said:
    Every time you see the screen change in color, use the evert button. You'll figure it out.
    Okay... I'll try. Can you save the game? EDIT: Never mind, it autosaves.
  • StLouisRibs;389427 said:
    Okay, I just want to say: stop.
    Stop just because you don't enjoy the game?
  • it might amuse everyone that I cross-posted this to a half-dozen other forums and there hasnt been a single bite... apparently only those of us on this site were... willing... to take the challenge.
  • StLouisRibs;389427 said:
    Okay, I just want to say: stop.
    What Shwoo said. As you can see, multiple people here do like this game.
    StLouisRibs;389427 said:
    The game is mediocre at best, and is a shining example of how games currently aren't art; it tries to have meaning, but all it does is make you shrug and go, 'that's cool I guess'. I was introduced to the game a few months back, and was shocked at everyone praising the game. It's a very lame platformer that really doesn't make sense,
    Did people spoil the game for you before playing? That makes a HUGE difference.
    StLouisRibs;389427 said:
    plus basing something on a quote is like building a skyscraper with cream cheese; absolutely and incredibly silly, and so mediocre in quality that it's ridiculous.
    Slight correction: It was made for an indie game contest that had a Lovecraft theme.
    StLouisRibs;389427 said:
    The fact that you 'aren't supposed to tell anyone' is incredibly stupid as well;
    It's not very interesting if you don't play it "blind".
    StLouisRibs;389427 said:
    I can't state in words how much is wrong with telling someone there is something wrong with a game. The game should be marketed very differently, and it just falls apart as a massive trainwreck.
    Honestly, I don't understand what you are trying to say here.
  • RingmasterJ5;389722 said:
    It's not very interesting if you don't play it "blind".
    Actually the reason I played it is that I'd heard the way the game progressed and thought it sounded interesting, and I loved it. I just like platformers, I guess. And the surprise was still there, because I didn't know all the details.
  • Shwoo;389725 said:
    Actually the reason I played it is that I'd heard the way the game progressed and thought it sounded interesting, and I loved it. I just like platformers, I guess. And the surprise was still there, because I didn't know all the details.
    Well, it seems to me that Ribs was told everything about the game from the start.
  • I played it essentially blind and I really didn't find it all that great. It is just mediocre at best.
  • I beat the game the other day. I took the challenge sort of because i've never heard of the game before. The first time something happened that was unexpected, I was scared. I got the worst ending possible because I didn't care for gems, but it wasn't scary at all. I did mute my volume though during it.
Add Comment