User Avatar Image

Question (voice actors)

posted by SI_2D on - last edited - Viewed by 900 users
For the Heavy Weapons Guy is it the same voice actor as Team Fortress 2? As it doesn't sound the same to me just wondering as was curious which is ok as I'm not a cat :D
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SI_2D;397391 said:
    For the Heavy Weapons Guy is it the same voice actor as Team Fortress 2? As it doesn't sound the same to me just wondering as was curious which is ok as I'm not a cat :D
    I dont get all of this, but it was confirmed that the original voice of the heavy is in the game, he just isnt yelling because he is not caught up in the heat of battle.
  • It's the same voice actor. He, like most of the TF2 voice actors, forgot the voice between the original recordings and the new ones (Engineer is a prime example)
  • Gman5852;397395 said:
    I dont get all of this, but it was confirmed that the original voice of the heavy is in the game, he just isnt yelling because he is not caught up in the heat of battle.
    sorry if it had been asked already it just sounded different that is all :)
  • It's been confirmed multiple times now Heavy is being voiced by Gary Schwartz, the same person who voices him in TF2. He sounds different because...

    1. It's difficult for voice actors to main consistency over the years. You might have noticed the Engineer's new lines added with the Engineer Update have a deeper inflection than his older ones.

    2. The Heavy isn't screaming, as he almost always does.
  • Totally understand as I said was curious don't be mad at me :).
  • Yeah we arent mad, we can see you are new here.:)
  • He is right that it does sound different though. In Team Fortress, they alter the voice actor's voice to make it sound deeper. In the trailer it sounds like they didn't do that.

    Here is a line from the trailer with the pitch changed: http://tindeck.com/listen/ebuo

    I really hope Telltale makes it sound correct in the game.
  • asteroidjay;397423 said:
    He is right that it does sound different though. In Team Fortress, they alter the voice actor's voice to make it sound deeper. In the trailer it sounds like they didn't do that.

    Here is a line from the trailer with the pitch changed: http://tindeck.com/listen/ebuo

    I really hope Telltale makes it sound correct in the game.
    Cool. lets hope they tweak it a bit here :)

    man i love Heavy, fun character hehe.
  • He kinda sounds like he does from the original "Meet the Heavy" video, before TF2 officially came out.
  • This reminds me. The Heavy needs more lines for domination/revenge the classes started to get with the scout update. He (+Medic) need witty slander to say when killing cowards.
Add Comment