User Avatar Image

Will there be Team Fortress 2 Items?

posted by ClanLord on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users
well my friend bought 5 copies for all his accounts, cuz he thinks there will be TF2 items..

can someone please confirm? thanks
134 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I ordered it from Telltale. I'm expecting a code just like when I got Sam and Max from Telltale.
  • JohnJohn;397146 said:
    No you shouldn't. It'd make it common.
    It would follow the CURSE!!!!

Although I want to know how Tycho got it back...
  • EvilDeadFan;397095 said:
    We are getting them if we preordered on telltale like with the Devil's Playhouse, correct?
    wait...we can get the devil's playhouse items if we preordered on TTG??? i thought this was steam only? what do i need to do to get it???
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Gman5852;397365 said:
    Oh here is something.

It says that to earn the items, you have to win them within the game.

Now I know that you are trying well on the whole both ways system for steam. So basicaly will it be
    A.Get a code for steam, then play that version for the weps.
    B.You will get a code for the weps. on the telltale version.
    C.Both.
    The Telltale version uses Steamworks just like the Steam versions. Weapon unlocks are keyed to Steam achievements (when you win an item within Poker Night, it gives you an achievement, which TF2 looks at and says "ah you have earned that item!" and gives it to you).
  • shref;397671 said:
    wait...we can get the devil's playhouse items if we preordered on TTG??? i thought this was steam only? what do i need to do to get it???
    The link worked as of a few days ago(hell, I made a post with a link to it on the 29th), but it just redirects to the main page now. It was here.
  • Rather Dashing;397676 said:
    The link worked as of a few days ago(hell, I made a post with a link to it on the 29th), but it just redirects to the main page now. It was here.
    yeah, it does the same for me :(
  • Jake;397674 said:
    The Telltale version uses Steamworks just like the Steam versions. Weapon unlocks are keyed to Steam achievements (when you win an item within Poker Night, it gives you an achievement, which TF2 looks at and says "ah you have earned that item!" and gives it to you).
    if i knew that, i would have bought from here instead of steam since TTG would get to keep more of the $$$ lol :P
  • Well the items really seem to sell the game.

Not my blotter but mine looks just the same.
  • der_ketzer;397709 said:
    Well the items really seem to sell the game.

Not my blotter but mine looks just the same.
    this doesnt surprise me at all. people who play tf2 go batshit crazy over items/hats
  • Get your pre-order poker visor here!

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor

Make sure you're logged in to your TTG account when you do so.
Add Comment