User Avatar Image

No Halloween toon? Calling it now, H*R is dead.

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
They never miss Halloween. Never. I've been kindling the hope it would come back eventually for nearly a year now, but I think it's safe to say Homestar Runner's dead now. :(

Enjoy Poker Night at the Inventory. It's probably going to be the last we ever see of Strong Bad.
36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Strongsadioware;397181 said:
    Well, they did do a sale in the store a few months ago. I wouldn't say our friends are dead yet.
    That can also mean that they're liquidating their merchandise
  • Hmm. That sale is still going on. I don't think sales usually last this long unless there's a reason behind it. Like getting rid of stock so that the site can close down, for instance.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Homestar Runner won't be dead until the Brothers Chaps say that it's dead, and they've sent word that it's still alive just two months ago. They sent two scripts of unproduced scripts to the Homestar Runner Wiki admins that are actually pretty funny. They are Alternate versions of Sbemail 136, and a funny original toon called Soap Box Doiby.

I understand why they didn't animate the Soap Box Doiby toon and why they haven't updated the site much this year. It's been very busy for them. Making a movie takes tremendous amounts of time, not to mention raising a newborn baby (which is a full time job in and of itself) on top of the kids they already have, and recording dialog (and presumably writing and rewriting portions of the dialog) for Poker Night, which was said to have more dialog than a Sam & Max game.

Their output in previous years was more fruitful because their lives were less hectic. Once their lives calm down, we'll get more toons.
  • I just hope we get a Christmas Dethemberween Decemberween toon this year.
  • Strongsadioware;397181 said:
    Well, they did do a sale in the store a few months ago. I wouldn't say our friends are dead yet.
    The Brothers Chaps don't run the store. That would be their sister, Karen Wagner.
  • This can't have happened. No. NO. NONONONONONO.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    if it is dead it will go into internet hell
  • seibert999;399483 said:
    if it is dead it will go into internet hell
    What did it do, more like internet heaven.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Gman5852;399493 said:
    What did it do, more like internet heaven.
    most of them went to heaven, except for strong bad (he was way to bad) and coach Z (for being so dang weird)
  • seibert999;399498 said:
    most of them went to heaven, except for strong bad (he was way to bad) and coach Z (for being so dang weird)
    No, IT. Not the characters, the show itself.
Add Comment