User Avatar Image

Telltale's Dream "At the Inventory" Line-Up?

posted by Andy of Comix Inc on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
This question is specifically aimed at Telltale staffers.

The characters in Poker Night appear to be relatively easy to get ahold of. Since Telltale owns the Sam & Max license, as well as being good friends with the Homestar Runner and Valve guys; with Penny Arcade... well I'm not sure of Penny Arcade's PRs but I would imagine they wouldn't be excruciatingly difficult.

So, seeing as the characters are within arm's length - what would your dream "At the Inventory" line-up be? If you could pick any four characters from all of a video-game history, with no obligations - giving them their exact voice, likeness and personality with no strings attached - who would you see duking it out At the Inventory?

I myself would probably get, say, Duke Nukem, Master Chief from Halo, Pacman (or some other relatively old-school character), and Lara Croft, or something. Some of the most iconic (or just plain stupid) characters in all of gaming, and milking every satire or parody you can out of them. Master Chief and Duke Nukem in particular, two very one-dimensional characters, I would love to see comically exploited for our amusement.

Thoughts?
68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LuigiHann;399678 said:
    ...Matt Parkman, from Heroes
    He'd have a bit of an unfair advantage, don't you think?
  • The Highway;399711 said:
    And how bad it got at the end :D
    What do you mean at the end? It's worst season (although I liked it) was the Second Season OF FOUR, and no one ever bothered to show up in later seasons when it got better again.
  • StLouisRibs;399732 said:
    What do you mean at the end? It's worst season (although I liked it) was the Second Season OF FOUR, and no one ever bothered to show up in later seasons when it got better again.
    The writer's strike killed the second season. If it hadn't happened then the entire series would have went in a different direction. :(
  • If Mario's too dull as a personality in computer games, perhaps they could make a game out of "The Mario Bros Super Show"?!
  • Cyberlink420;399654 said:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation join the fray. Granted, he'd have to be portrayed in his traditional 2D stickman persona, probably with super-framey animations like Nelson Tethers or Mr. Game & Watch, but he'd still work well as the extremely bitter, sarcastic foil to the other players.
    Huh. That sounds awesome.
    FitzoliverJ;399824 said:
    If Mario's too dull as a personality in computer games, perhaps they could make a game out of "The Mario Bros Super Show"?!
    I lol'd. I don't think that Mario would work either. I would prefer Wario or Cranky Kong over Mario himself anyways!
  • I thought Guybrush would be a likely candidate (not saying the current roster is bad, I think it's great) but being a pirate would be awsome if he was included or at least in an update which included him. I know they would need to ask LucasArts for permission but after doing Tales of Monkey Island he would be interesting to have.
  • I dunno, I imagine the best he could do for a bluff would be telling us to look behind ourselves to see a three-headed monkey.
  • If they got permission from BBC maybe they could get the Doctor in his Eleventh incarnation cause currently they're still doing the episodic video games so they could the Doctor here as an excuse to promote the episodic video games.

Also another cool addition, Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend. Would be brosome!
  • The Highway;399305 said:
    I'm not putting tons of effort in for a quick gag, so here's my rough image:
    thanks man
  • pepsiboy3;399999 said:
    thanks man
    See what you've done, Highway? This won't end well. At all.
Add Comment