User Avatar Image

Game-Style?

posted by harryisere on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users
Hi, Im not very familiar with Telltale games.

How will this new jurassic park look and play?

I mean will it be like an adventure, open-world game like rockstars 'Red Dead Redemption' or 'GTA IV'? In which you can roam around the Island, encounter dinosaurs and complete missions when ever it suits you.

Or will it be more of a click and move game? Something like a PC game.

Could someone with more experience in playing Telltale games please tell me what is likely to be the style of the game? By style I mean what will it look like? Will be a game like red dead redemption? or a game like 'Jurassic park: Operation Genesis' with that click and move style

Sorry if this is a pointless thread, it's just im really excited about this game because Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film franchise.

Cheers x :)
114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's just gonna be a point 'n' click graphic adventure, innit?
  • Eff One;399959 said:
    It's just gonna be a point 'n' click graphic adventure, innit?
    No.
  • Alan Johnson;399961 said:
    No.
    Wait, what?
    No.
    My world, has just been rocked.
    No.
    That is possibly the most significant 2 letter post in forum history.
  • ^
    It can still turn out to be a point and click, just not one we're used to. =)
    I am 100% sure it will at least contain elements of point and click games.
    It will definitely contain some form of puzzles.
    It's TellTale's best practice. It would be too risky to go uncharted territories for the first time with a big licence.

Anyway,

BttF pre-orderers had a chat with AJ Locascio, who is the voice of Marty, in the exclusive BttF board.
    He had something interesting to say regarding the JP project.

Someone asked him whether he would buy the Jurassic Park game.
    He replied with:

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Jurassic park like a fat kid loves cake ! I got to see some stuff yesterday at Telltale and me and my roommate had to restrain ourselves from drooling
  • AAAH! The excitment, dammit!

Edit: And a suggestion: How about a limited time to select your answer? Kinda like in Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy. It would add a lot to the tension.
  • User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    Trenchfoot;400558 said:
    AAAH! The excitment, dammit!

Edit: And a suggestion: How about a limited time to select your answer? Kinda like in Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy. It would add a lot to the tension.
    *jeopardy music*
  • Trenchfoot;400558 said:
    AAAH! The excitment, dammit!

"Do you want to run from the raptors? 2 seconds to decide remain."
  • I dunno...I'd like a Jurassic Park game where I play as the dinos and eat all the humans. lol

Seriously, if they approach this game with the same fan's fervor that they're approaching the BTTF game, I'd call this one a winner as well. Of course, JP doesn't have the same stigma as BTTF when it comes to video games, ie. there have been some GOOD JP games. :P
Add Comment