User Avatar Image

Poker Night problems: Black Screen + Broken Menu

posted by TentuZero on - last edited - Viewed by 9.5K users
I launched the game and at the title screen all i see is darkness...I hit play game and i hear it, but there is nothing on the screen...and for some reason when i try to put in windowed mode, it gives me a "must close" error. :mad:
122 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm having the same problem. I just started the game up, and there's nothing. I hear the sound, and can access the main menu but beyond that, zilch...

Any computer geniuses have any ideas?
  • Have you guys tried a reboot? Sometimes Telltale's games are funky unless you reboot first before playing them.
  • I get the same issue, except I every time I try to change the resolution it crashes too.This is not good.
    My Specs: Integrated Radeon Xpress 200
    GeForce FX 5200( I can use either.)
    2 GB RAM
    2.0 Ghz 1 core
    I'll get an SS in a sec.
  • markeres;405752 said:
    Have you guys tried a reboot? Sometimes Telltale's games are funky unless you reboot first before playing them.
    Yeah, no dice for me. I'm trying a reinstall at the moment.

EDIT: That didn't help. My screen looks just like the post above me.
  • I can play the game and it runs fine but the menus are all weird and no options are displayed like in that picture. Maybe redownloading...
  • Is this the Steam version or TTG reversion?

I can't help, but I'm installing Poker Night over Steam right now, so I want to know if my night will be ruined.
  • I dont think there is a TTG one yet. Just the steam one.
  • Same thing is happening to me... :( And I've been looking forward to this all day...
  • Same problem for me, which I was expecting and is why I asked about the reboot. It's the Steam version (the only one available currently). Maybe it would help if we all gave our system info? I'm on Vista 64-bit, with Intel on-board graphics, but I've never had a problem (at least like this) with another Telltale game.
  • Yeah. I get the same. I can't run it or change graphical settings because I will just crash.

I get a black screen in the title screen and throughout the introduction, it's just a black screen. I see subtitles and I can hear the voice, but otherwise, when it gets to the actual game, it says it has encountered an error and needs to close.

I'm on Windows 7 running on a 64 bit machine with onboard Intel GMAx3100 graphics and can run TF2 fine, and I also restarted my computer.
This discussion has been closed.