User Avatar Image

Poker Night problems: Black Screen + Broken Menu

posted by TentuZero on - last edited - Viewed by 9.5K users
I launched the game and at the title screen all i see is darkness...I hit play game and i hear it, but there is nothing on the screen...and for some reason when i try to put in windowed mode, it gives me a "must close" error. :mad:
122 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, I just uninstalled it and will wait for the Telltale version. Somebody elsewhere on the forum said there's sometimes differences between the Steam release and the Telltale release. Maybe they're also fixing some stuff during the delay between the Steam release and the Telltale release (*fingers crossed*)?

I just hope we don't have to go through this again when BTTF releases...
  • Interestingly, this seems to be a crossplatform issue. I'm getting it with my Mac, even though I have the graphics turned all the way down (Mac OS X 10.5.8, 1.83GHz Intel Duo, GMA950 graphics). I did see a picture on the menu screen when I changed the resolution to 800x600, but I couldn't reproduce it.
  • markeres;405795 said:
    Intel on-board graphics
    Nayrb;405796 said:
    onboard Intel GMAx3100 graphics
    wbwolf;405827 said:
    1.83GHz Intel Duo, GMA950 graphics
    Wonder if it's an Intel graphics thing...?
  • I don't think so, I used to different cards, one integrated, one not.
    Also Radeon and GeForce.
    Might just be fluke for me.
  • Teddy Weddy;405834 said:
    I don't think so, I used to different cards, one integrated, one not.
    Also Radeon and GeForce.
    That's true. Sorry I forgot about you. :o My game crashed when I tried to change the resolution, too.
  • Same problems as you guys, also using intel graphics if that helps.
  • Yeah, having the same problem. The graphical errors, and the menu is just black with no backdrop, as is gameplay. Changing resolution or going into windowed mode crashes it, and I'm on Steam.
  • This is bullshit. I've been waiting forever and all i get is this crap. I am not amused and they should fix this soon.
  • markeres;405829 said:
    Wonder if it's an Intel graphics thing...?
    I have Intel too. But the Steam forums also seem to be up in arms over the glitches and bugginess... I don't think it's just an intel thing.

The fact that so many people seem to be having massive difficulties playing this game is kind of lame, to be honest. I'd rather have waited another week, or hell even another month if it meant not having to deal with a buggy and unusable game. TTG is pretty much the best, but I'm thinking they may have dropped the ball in a big way with this.
  • I hope TTG version doesn't do the same.
This discussion has been closed.