User Avatar Image

Poker Night problems: Black Screen + Broken Menu

posted by TentuZero on - last edited - Viewed by 9.1K users
I launched the game and at the title screen all i see is darkness...I hit play game and i hear it, but there is nothing on the screen...and for some reason when i try to put in windowed mode, it gives me a "must close" error. :mad:
122 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Uh, not even the telltale version works.
  • User Avatar Image
    TEi
    Sounding off with the same problem. Using an Inspiron 1525 laptop with Intel Celeron Inside, running Windows Vista.
  • Im having the same problems as Teddy Weddy from page 1

p4 3ghz ht
    1gb ram
    geforce 5900 ultra 256mb
  • koiboi59;405947 said:
    Uh, not even the telltale version works.
    Confirmed. This is not good. Not good at all. With so many people having this problem, Telltale had better find a way to fix it and not leave us all hanging out to dry.
  • Same problem here, using the Steam version.
  • Diagnosis:
    Lagged framerate
    Black screened background and graphics
    missing graphics from options menu
    game crashes after starting a game or changing certain settings

My graphics card is an ATI Raedon X1200 series
    DirectX 10.0
    gigabytes of free space
    AMD athelon 64 dual processor 6000+
    2.8 gb of ram
    Vista.

Runs TF2 and other Source games just fine.

Any cure(patch)?

EDIT: running steam version
  • Game won't start on either version.

The one time it DID work, the game ran super slow, the buttons to change the graphics were non existent, basically Telltale have sold me a game that does nothing.
  • I'm having the same problem. The game loads up and the background is black. When I try to change the resolution or some other settings, the game just crashes.
  • I never thought I would type these words, but Telltale has failed considerably with this release. How did they unleash such a seemingly ill assembled game upon the fanbase? Have any TTG reps even acknowledged these issues yet? I'm sure the game will be hilarious, but it sounds like even the people who can get it to work are having supreme problems. Sheesh.
  • I've been having those same issues, I tried forcing the windowed version (Alt+Enter)
    Surprisingly it doesn't crash the game like the menu option does, it also fixes the incredibly problematic mouse lag. However it does nothing to fix the missing graphics. Starting a new game only causes a black screen to appear with all the audio and, curiously enough, the subtitles to show along the bottom.

Is this something I'll need to spend the night fixing, or can I expect a fantastic patch that will fix this like magic by the end of the week?
This discussion has been closed.