User Avatar Image

I do not know how to play poker

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
Its true.... I have never learned to play...

But I bought this game.... just because I love TTG, and I am sure it will have some funny dialogue.... anyone care to teach me how to play before it comes out?
50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Brainiac;406423 said:
    Is it wrong that after reading most of this thread that I really want several of the fi...uh, I mean people, posting in here to come play a home game with me?
    I was hoping you'd say tha-... err, I mean, I do not know this "poker" game. It's like War, right?

:P
  • ShaggE;406953 said:
    I was hoping you'd say tha-... err, I mean, I do not know this "poker" game. It's like War, right?
    Riiiiiight. I don't care if you are trying to put one over on me, I'm all for it.

I think the First Annual Telltale Poker Spectacular has a nice ring to it, don't you? Plus, this way, we're not bound to Texas Hold 'Em.
  • Deuce-to-seven triple draw, then? :)
  • furrykef;407190 said:
    Deuce-to-seven triple draw, then? :)
    Obviously you're not Mike the Mouth. I've never had a problem with lowball games myself, though I know a lot of people (even professionals) can't stand games like this and Razz.
  • I don't think I'd be able to stand single-draw lowball or razz. (I used to think I'd like razz, but lately I've changed my mind.) Triple draw has a special allure, though. I like a game where you're likely to hold the nuts at least once in a given session. Especially if that game isn't Omaha. :P
  • I'm just concerned you'd try to eat the brains of everyone at the table. After all, it's been said that "the average age of a deuce-to-seven player is dead."

I smell a poker zombie. :D
  • Yay... I won a tournament with only two hands.
  • Brainiac;406423 said:
    Is it wrong that after reading most of this thread that I really want several of the fi...uh, I mean people, posting in here to come play a home game with me?
    I don't think anyone would honestly be stupid enough to play real Texas Hold'em (as in real stakes, not for fun) without knowing how the game works.
  • Sure they would. It's how games spread: somebody sees a popular game and decides they want in on it. But few (except the rich) would do it without experience at playing other forms of poker for real stakes.
  • I don't know anything about poker but I'm having fun playing this and learning the basics. It's well worth the $5 and the taunts are hilarious. Maybe by the time I'm tired of this I'll be ready to move on to poker games against real people.
Add Comment