User Avatar Image

Language Selection in translated Version?

posted by DocS on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Hey... just wondering: Is it possible, to choose the language at the installation of (for example) the german version of sam&max?

It's coming out soon here in germany and it would save me some costs, to just order the german version.. but since I'm not that big of a fan of translations (I like watching tv-series in original language - if english - more than the synchro, either), I would be pretty happy, to be able choosing the original sound and text

so, before I order and get disappointed, I thought, I just asked here..

-> is it possible? Or do I have to order the english Version, if I want the original stuff?
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the European version contains all the different languages, including English, no matter where you buy it from. You're probably best waiting for someone who knows for sure to confirm it though.
  • The European version has English, French and Germany Avalable.
    I think that Diffrence is at installation outher than in-game though.
    Where do you live aka. country and we could help more
  • well all-right, I live in germany and don't care, where to set up the language, just need to know, if it's possible to have the original language when buying the german/european release :)

and from what you wrote, it seems like that shouldn't be a problem, so thank you :)
  • Trixie;39270 said:
    The European version has English, French and Germany Avalable.
    And don't forget the Italian subtitles for the English version. ;)
  • Yes, with JoWood's DVD you can select any of the languages when you install (French, German, Italian subtitles, or English).
  • hi, is it possible to change the language after installing it? (in my case the Season One package) I haven't found an option yet - is there any? ..

I made the terrible mistake to install it in german and want to change it to english now. Do I really have to de- and reinstall it just to change the language?
  • Uhm, yes i guess you have to reinstall it, but hey where is the problem? It would have been shorter to fix your "terrible mistake" then writing this post.
  • yeah, but that is stupid. I don't reinstall games just to make a tiny change - that's bad programming.
  • -Woodrow-;40768 said:
    yeah, but that is stupid. I don't reinstall games just to make a tiny change - that's bad programming.
    A tiny change? Or hours and hours of dialogue in a different language?
  • well, I expect it to be a change of one variable in a system file, *.ini or whatever ...

IIRC the setup installed all languages of the game. the dialogs are the same if you compare the different languages, the rhythm and the sentence order, too - just the words are different.

If I would program a game or program in different languages I would simply use a database.
Add Comment