User Avatar Image

Poker Night Patch Update

posted by Amy Lukima on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users
First I'd like to thank everyone who provided information about issues with Poker Night. We now have enough information to fix the cause of most of these issues, but it will take until next week to complete a patch.

Segment Next has com compiled a great list of temporary fixes that may work for some of you until the patch comes out next week:
http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/23/poker-night-at-inventory-errors-crashes-freezes-and-fixes/

Thank you so much for your patience and being part of the Telltale community.
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thanks for keeping us informed. Keep up the good work.
    *hopes to be able to play soon*
  • Thanks. I look forward to enjoying the game.
  • I dont use steam, and have a wide screen monitor that supports the resolution but stretches it.

How can i fix this outside of steam?

argh.. all black and no game makes kal a dull boy

(tried to do it manually but this video onboard card has NO options just forcing aspect ratio) which is not needed here.
  • Kaldire;408412 said:
    I dont use steam, and have a wide screen monitor that supports the resolution but stretches it.

How can i fix this outside of steam?

argh.. all black and no game makes kal a dull boy

(tried to do it manually but this video onboard card has NO options just forcing aspect ratio) which is not needed here.
    Find prefs.prop.

Get a Hex editor (they're free and not complicated to use).

You're going to edit two strings.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15758

https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20689
  • Well i definitely appreciate you telling us this and really hope it fixes the black screen/crash for us dx8 card ppl
  • None of the solutions here fixes my slow cursor (not especially low framerate) and menu. I can't even try raising my game resolution higher than 800x600, since THEN I encounter a big framerate issue and sadly forcing antialiasing on my Ati Control Panel doesn't do jack.
  • Falanca;408595 said:
    None of the solutions here fixes my slow cursor (not especially low framerate) and menu. I can't even try raising my game resolution higher than 800x600, since THEN I encounter a big framerate issue and sadly forcing antialiasing on my Ati Control Panel doesn't do jack.
    don't no if that was a typo or not but you force it off not on and its force the slow mouse fix i thank
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Falanca;408595 said:
    None of the solutions here fixes my slow cursor (not especially low framerate) and menu. I can't even try raising my game resolution higher than 800x600, since THEN I encounter a big framerate issue and sadly forcing antialiasing on my Ati Control Panel doesn't do jack.
    If you can live with not seeing tycho, you can try the "force max. pixel shader version 1.4" option in 3DAnalyze as a trade-off workaround.
    It can give a significant performance boost.
  • I'll try it sometime later.

Oh and fixing the resolution to my native one also doesn't solve the issue about menu.
  • Thanks for the news. I wish that link gave a way to fix the black screen for those who aren't using Steam, though.
This discussion has been closed.