User Avatar Image

PS3 vs PC endings for 305

posted by ATMachine on - last edited - Viewed by 750 users
Telltale, I've heard that the PS3 release of 305 has an ending that's different from the PC versions.

In the PC version, at one point during a conversation, you have to choose whether Sam's favorite part of hanging out of Max is adventuring or crimefighting. This choice determines whether you get one of two different endings. However, you can't not have the conversation that selects what ending you get.

Conversely, in the PS3 version of 305, it's apparently possible to avoid this conversation, with the result that you get an ending that's slightly different from either PC ending.

But, I'm still not sure if that conversation (the one that produces the branching-ending effect) is actually included in the PS3 version at all.

So, I'm asking you guys to state on the record: Does the PS3 version of 305 only have one ending? Or does it have all three endings, of which one is not available on the PC version?

I really hope it's the former.... I'm frankly sick of PS3 users getting exclusive content like NutriSpecs.
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Rather Dashing;372574 said:
    Wait, isn't the difference that is being complained about...5 seconds of animation? In which one minor detail is changed?

Just...you know, making sure.
    The 5 seconds of today will be one whole chapter tomorrow.

Cheers!
  • DaleCooper;372593 said:
    The 5 seconds of today will be one whole chapter tomorrow.

Cheers!
  • Is this for real?

Also, ^ NutriSpecs. They are a bit more than 5 sec. of animation, and we still haven't seen them.
    I don't care about the "toy", more about the 30+ or so lines that are EXCLUSIVE with it...
  • DVD confirms that the ending is and always will be PS3 exclusive on the 3rd 305 commentary.
  • You got it?

Mine hasn't even shipped yet :(.

Sooooo... the question everyone wonders 'bout (aside from DRM, info?) is... Nutrispecs?
  • Hassat Hunter;417855 said:
    You got it?

Mine hasn't even shipped yet :(.

Sooooo... the question everyone wonders 'bout (aside from DRM, info?) is... Nutrispecs?
    Nope
  • StLouisRibs;417880 said:
    Nope
    No Nutrispecs. aww.
    Also how do you have yours when mine hasnt shipped.
    Or did telltale forget to update my page.
  • StLouisRibs;417880 said:
    Nope
    Ohhhhh dang. We're gonna need some caution tape to wrap this thread in. Pronto.
  • Looks like my cynicism was justified. I'm not really eager to buy more Telltale products after this debacle.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    The ending where Sam & Max decide to both go back into the time machine is different between versions. (This is discussed on the commentary track of the DVD, probably.)

In the PS3 version (and probably many press/review copies), the little roach, Sam Junior, is up on the railing and Sam grabs him right before the time machine leaves.

While everyone on the team likes Sam Junior, it felt weird to make the little roach such an important part of the ending, so at the very last second we changed it so instead Sam leaves his hat on the railing, and then grabs that instead.
Add Comment