User Avatar Image

PS3 vs PC endings for 305

posted by ATMachine on - last edited - Viewed by 729 users
Telltale, I've heard that the PS3 release of 305 has an ending that's different from the PC versions.

In the PC version, at one point during a conversation, you have to choose whether Sam's favorite part of hanging out of Max is adventuring or crimefighting. This choice determines whether you get one of two different endings. However, you can't not have the conversation that selects what ending you get.

Conversely, in the PS3 version of 305, it's apparently possible to avoid this conversation, with the result that you get an ending that's slightly different from either PC ending.

But, I'm still not sure if that conversation (the one that produces the branching-ending effect) is actually included in the PS3 version at all.

So, I'm asking you guys to state on the record: Does the PS3 version of 305 only have one ending? Or does it have all three endings, of which one is not available on the PC version?

I really hope it's the former.... I'm frankly sick of PS3 users getting exclusive content like NutriSpecs.
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OMA;418961 said:
    Then why leave the old ending in the PS3 version?
    They decided for it to be exclusive. It will apparently have little to no impact on the story, and it really is so minor that people shouldn't bother complaining.
  • StLouisRibs;419055 said:
    They decided for it to be exclusive. It will apparently have little to no impact on the story, and it really is so minor that people shouldn't bother complaining.
    I think is because they change it after submit the game to Sony, and, as you said, the change was so minor so why go to the painful process to submit it again for that
  • GinnyN;419065 said:
    I think is because they change it after submit the game to Sony, and, as you said, the change was so minor so why go to the painful process to submit it again for that
    I can upload the bit of commentary to Youtube if I must, just want to be sure it's okay with telltale.
  • StLouisRibs;417880 said:
    Nope
    *falls down on his knees*

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Why, Telltale, why? :confused:

EDIT: More questions I guess. Bugfixing? The bust thing in 302?
  • Hassat Hunter;419093 said:

EDIT: More questions I guess. Bugfixing? The bust thing in 302?
    I don't have time to check for bugs. Nutrispecs is all I checked, and then watcehd commentary for 305.
    The idea that Telltale would think it good for any content in any of their games to be platform-exclusive is highly troubling.

Of course, it now looks like they've decided on the same course with the NutriSpecs, previous promises to the contrary notwithstanding.
    As far as I know, no one decided that any of the endings should be "exclusive." The truth is, that's just how the ending was when the PS3 version shipped. The PC and Mac versions shipped later, and between the two dates the decision was made that Sam going back for his hat was a cooler ending. That's the only reason it got changed.

It definitely wasn't about cheating anyone out of anything or giving PS3 players "more" than PC players. If anything, we went to extra effort to give PC and Mac players a different ending--it would have been easier for us to just leave the PS3 version in the game unchanged. ;)
  • Characters forgetting their hats then going back for them is a bit of a cliche, it's been used in well-known movies such as Indiana Jones and back to the Future 2, but it worked really well with this scene in particular, as it wasn't action oriented at all. I prefer this version to be honest.
  • And getting parodied in many movies, like Shrek 2.

It's a good excuse. But I have a hard time believing there is an as good one for the Specs :(.
  • Hassat Hunter;420388 said:
    And getting parodied in many movies, like Shrek 2.

It's a good excuse. But I have a hard time believing there is an as good one for the Specs :(.
    The excuse is:

Look! Over there! Shiny new Back to the Future game! Sam and Max Season Three? What Season Three?
Add Comment