User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 77.4K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Darth Marsden;419611 said:
    On that note, has anyone played the Wii or DS games that came out recently? I keep meaning to rent them, but there's so many other games out there..
    I've heard that the Wii game is an atrocity with respect to the Playstation 2/N64 standard graphics and gameplay is lack luster at best because of the awkward physics of the controls. The DS game was enjoyable but nothing essential. Personally, it feels as though they were trying to get a game out in time for the Christmas rush. The game would have been better as a point and click game, like Broken Sword.
  • TryWhistlingThis;424037 said:
    I've heard that the Wii game is an atrocity with respect to the Playstation 2/N64 standard graphics and gameplay is lack luster at best because of the awkward physics of the controls. The DS game was enjoyable but nothing essential. Personally, it feels as though they were trying to get a game out in time for the Christmas rush. The game would have been better as a point and click game, like Broken Sword.
    The gameplay looks horrible on the Wii. Makes you wonder why they had to overcomplicate things like this too use the Wii-controls.

I agree with TryWhistlingThis, the game would have been much better as a Broken Sword-like game. In fact, I'm surprised they didn’t do like that from the start. They even got Charles Cecil working for them on the episodic games. Just remember to tell him "No 3D".
  • Hey cool, the Christmas Special is actually airing on Christmas for America!
  • Speaking of the games, the last Adventure game episode is out now (in the UK). It's called "Shadows of the Vashta Nerada". You can download it on the doctor who website (bbc.co.uk/doctorwho)
  • swedish_jedi;424094 said:
    I repeat: The eyes! Where are their eyes! It looks simply awful to go along with bad gameplay.
  • StLouisRibs;424100 said:
    Hey cool, the Christmas Special is actually airing on Christmas for America!
    Yes!! Christmas is now officially "Doctor Who Day" for me.
  • So... avoid the Wii game (that video is shocking. Just shocking), give the DS one a rent and get the latest TAG. Gotcha. Will report back on 'Shadows of the Vashta Nerada' in due course.
  • Wow, my vote for Patrick Troughton has put him in second place. Awesome.
  • Just finished "Shadows of the Vashta Nerada", and I have to say, i'm pretty impressed. Aside from minor things (corridors containing Vashta Nerada seemed to be the same brightness as those that didn't, for example), it was generally pretty good. Probably the best of the bunch!
  • Friar;424179 said:
    Speaking of the games, the last Adventure game episode is out now (in the UK). It's called "Shadows of the Vashta Nerada". You can download it on the doctor who website (bbc.co.uk/doctorwho)
    That title makes me frown. It's almost like a pun but more... redundant.
Add Comment