User Avatar Image

Can't turn off hint system completely/ icons way too big

posted by Chocolade on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
In the game while playing i went to the help menu and changed there to text popup and goal popup and hint level to the lowest and still its telling me what to do in the game.
30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It seems you need to restart the game for this to work.

Edit: No, those hints still pop up...
  • The ui in this game is WAY TOO BIG. Totally ruining it for me so far. i can't see the game over the STUPIDLY HUGE UI.
  • Is there anyway to turn the objective UI off? I have specified i don't want it but it still appears. The ui in this game is WAY TOO HUGE, i can't see the game over the ui!!!
  • Did you actually turn the hints and pop-ups off, and declined after New Game when the interface asks if you want goals or not?
  • In spite of disabling hints, goals and pop-up text, I am still observing obtrusive hint icons, goals and pop-up text. Is an actual means for disabling these items available in-game?
  • Dimensio;427181 said:
    In spite of disabling hints, goals and pop-up text, I am still observing obtrusive hint icons, goals and pop-up text. Is an actual means for disabling these items available in-game?
    How far are you in the game? They go away after the scene in Doc's lab.
  • LordKinbote;427184 said:
    How far are you in the game? They go away after the scene in Doc's lab.
    I have just begun the game after circumventing the error that requires the game to be run under an Administrator account. I was unaware that the initial hints could not be disabled. Thank you for your assistance.
  • I don't mean the hints in the initial scene. If you're playing with a controller, pushing one of the buttons causes the hint screen to automatically pop up, even if you've turned hints all the way off. I'd really like the option to completely disable that button. When I was still getting used to the controls and pushing the button for what I thought would be inventory, I accidentally pulled up a hint for the puzzle I was working on (One I would have loved to work out for myself.) I know Telltale doesn't really do game updates, but maybe for part 2 on up, we can disable the hint button completely? Or at least map it to the select button so it's harder to push accidentally...

Great game otherwise, BTW!
  • Anyway, even if you turn both hints and goals off, they keep appearing until some moment during the estate sale scene, being sort of tutorial thing.
  • Having an option to completely remove the hint button and goal button (Giving more screen) would be nice though :D
Add Comment