User Avatar Image

A Blister in Time(References and Sight Gags Thread)

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 7.6K users

From the Sam and Max Season One case file. I suppose you would need a time machine to buy one of those!
177 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • In-game joke, one that really no one would get on the first play-through:

You can see the bits and pieces of the fuel-maker for the rocket-powered drill in Doc's lab at the beginning.

And not too much of an in joke, but the inclusion of the 1885 clocktower photo was nice.
  • Loved the "Shark!" movie placard in 1931. And Marty also mentions something about bars on windows when referencing the liquor store (could be a callback to the bars on Jennifer's windows in 1985A).
  • I just noticed the beginning plutonium DeLorean doesn't have Mr. Fusion rightly so but when Doc uses the remote to back it up for temporal displacement .. it does?! lol!
  • I give up. What "reference"? Amblin was the production company of the movies, wasn't it? And they didn't produce the game. So, why would it be at the end of the game? When was it ever used as some kind of reference? Am I missing something? :confused:
  • Kal-El;427278 said:
    I just noticed the beginning plutonium DeLorean doesn't have Mr. Fusion rightly so but when Doc uses the remote to back it up for temporal displacement .. it does?! lol!
    I think all it was was a graphical thing to "hide" Mr. Fusion for the close-up. They knew they only needed it for that one moment really, so for that moment where you're right up on the car, they just cut it off.
  • What is this Amblin reference anyway?
  • That's what I thought too.. just restarted to make sure it wasn't there for the close up.. ;) still wonder if this DeLorean can fly? I guess not if it's the *spoiler* duplicate of the one hit by lightning that destroyed the flying circuits :(
  • I did like the newspaper headline about a singer disappearing lol! ;)
  • Don't forget Marty's mother's line about being "safe and sound in 1986"; for once, Marty doesn't freak out at the line.
  • Kal-El;427295 said:
    That's what I thought too.. just restarted to make sure it wasn't there for the close up.. ;) still wonder if this DeLorean can fly? I guess not if it's the *spoiler* duplicate of the one hit by lightning that destroyed the flying circuits :(
    Well remember it went to the 2020's. So likely Doc got it completely repaired. However, Marty wouldn't feel comfortable even trying seeing as how he never did in the movies. Doc was the only one that flew the DeLorean.
Add Comment