User Avatar Image

Can't play back tape (spoilers)

posted by seite7 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
Okay, I know I am supposed to record the guy and then play it back to him, but how? Every time I use the tape recorder on the guy it just starts a new recording and doesn't play back the old recording. :-(
16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You're going to have to be more specific. Whatever the case, there is no puzzle that requires you to record a person and then play it back right at them, so you're on the wrong track. Or maybe the right track, but maybe the guy has to grow up a bit before he can solve the conundrum in his noggin.
  • I meant the scene where Emmet is walking between the court house and the lawyer office and Marty wants to convince him to be a scientist.
    Marty is recording his mumbling and the hint says to play it back to him.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    seite7;428050 said:
    I meant the scene where Emmet is walking between the court house and the lawyer office and Marty wants to convince him to be a scientist.
    Marty is recording his mumbling and the hint says to play it back to him.
    You have to record young Doc and play it back to old Doc.
  • seite7;428064 said:
    Do not worry.
    All Point-and-Click Advanture players, including me, have had at least one of those "oof! I should of known that" moments.

Just keep on going and you will eventually master all adventure games! :cool:
  • something tells me TS never played monkey island games before... XD
  • Jennifer;428056 said:
    You have to record young Doc and play it back to old Doc.

I agreed to that i did it also for the past few days and it really worked.
  • I've recorded him 50 times each way, from the court house and back. I've still not gotten a recording? I mean it's impossible to have it green{recorder} the entire way, at least for me it is. This is the first game of this type I've played, the controls are just alien to me, but having it that difficult for a novice player, it just takes all the fun out of it.
    Could anyone maybe give me some tips on how to make sure you stay on him the entire way? Thanks
    Dan
  • You don't need to follow him. As long as he records something, that's enough.
  • You don't have to follow him with the tape recorder. I simply got the tape recorder out, waited for Emmett to walk past me, and clicked on him. Unless, of course, you have the Playstation version of the game. My way is only valid for the PC game.
Add Comment