User Avatar Image

"Feathers on the forehead"?

posted by markeres on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
Occasionally when you lose a hand, Tycho will say something like "You should come to our feathers on the forehead night"? What does this mean? Is it referring to something that happened in one of the Penny Arcade comics? Some turn of phrase I'm not aware of? I did a Google search but couldn't find anything except lots of sites and articles about birds. So, does anyone know?
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've never seen anything about that in Penny Arcade, and I've read all of them
  • I have no idea, although i do know that your post is the first to come up on google when searching feathers on the forehead.
  • Good to know I'm not the only one absolutely baffled by that line...:confused:
  • I think he's just trying to imply that if you're that pathetic, you should play a game where there's extremely little risk involved, as there would be in a game of feathers on the forehead, since feathers are fragile and soft and therefore any game involving them would probably just be tickling or something.
  • Kyronea;430352 said:
    I think he's just trying to imply that if you're that pathetic, you should play a game where there's extremely little risk involved, as there would be in a game of feathers on the forehead, since feathers are fragile and soft and therefore any game involving them would probably just be tickling or something.
    If that's the case that's the most... idiotic and childish insult I've ever heard. Which fits Tycho perfectly. Okay, this explanation has pleased me.
  • Kyronea;430352 said:
    I think he's just trying to imply that if you're that pathetic, you should play a game where there's extremely little risk involved, as there would be in a game of feathers on the forehead, since feathers are fragile and soft and therefore any game involving them would probably just be tickling or something.
    Thanks for the explanation. I kind of figured it meant something like this, but I also wondered if it referred to something that specifically happened in Penny Arcade.
    Falanca;430360 said:
    If that's the case that's the most... idiotic and childish insult I've ever heard. Which fits Tycho perfectly.
    Ha! :D
  • I was thinking something about Blind man's bluff / Indian poker for this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_man%27s_bluff_%28poker%29
  • Yeah that's what I thought, that poker kind you played in Mole, Mob and Meatball.
  • Is that game ever actually called "Feathers on the forehead", though?
  • markeres;430542 said:
    Is that game ever actually called "Feathers on the forehead", though?
    No, but its been called forehead stud so its kind of close. I don't know what to believe until we get an official explanation.
Add Comment